Sumitomo Tour Plus LS

jagdriver727

Site Donor 2021
Looking at these for my CR-V. Have a set of BFGoodrich on it now and while the tread wear was good there is excessive road noise.

I've seen Sumitomos on several customers' cars, tread life seems to be among the best and they seem reasonably quiet.

I can get a set through Tire Kingdom for $340 installed. Anybody have experience with these?

Being in central FL, it's often above 90 degrees and a lot of rain, but no harsh conditions otherwise. I drive mostly highway.

When I had Sumis on my car- they wore quite nicely. Though they did get nosier with age. Handling is also good as well.

Solid tire for the price.

Tried BFGoodrich 3 times, and all three times my experience was same as OP. Now got 2 cars with Sumitomos A/S, one with Ironman A/S, and one with Firestone Destination A/T. Very pleased with what I got now and will take the Sumitomos over BFGoodrich any day. Sumitomos are comfy, quiet, wear slowly, handle good in any conditions I put them through, and cost half of BFG. No noise complaints after 5 years on the Sumitomos. BFG's always started to "sing" between 2-3 year mark.

I was going to ask if you had an NTB in Sanford are, but TK is owned by Sumitomo also.
The have GREAT prices on Sumitomo Tires.

I put Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 on the wife's car last year and they have been very good.

Smooth ride, Quiet and very aggressive open tread as the biggest issue the Wife encounters is
running through standing water on the Interstate at 70+ MPH. She has almost lost cpntrol a coupe times with the Factory Yokohama tires.

Now, I would not choose these for my car as I require a stiffer side wall and even sharper steering response - but they work well for the intended purpose. I would estimate the tire life as "average" or slightly below.

I could calculate mile per mm of wear if pressed. I have install date and a tread depth gauge.

About Sumitomo HTR A/S P-02

- Ken

Last edited:
Ratings on the Sumitomo Tour Plus LS are not very good. The HTR A/S P02, that Ken linked to, are better and around the same price I have seen in my area. Not the best tire but a good all round all-season tire at a good price.

What tire size do you have?

I ran the Sumitomo Tour Plus LXT on my Ridgeline for 30K miles with no complaints. I also bought them at Tire Kingdom in FL. They wore evenly, really smoothed out the ride and remained quiet. I only replaced them because they aged out after 6 years, not because I disliked them. They were good for at least another 15K miles. I went with all terrain when I replaced them.

I had some Sumitomos on a 94 Sentra and couldn't wear them out. I think the
Whole set was $150.00. Good luck with your purchase.

I went ahead and bought these today. Had a 9 AM appointment at Tire Kingdom, they had the car out by 10 AM. I went out to inspect the tires and found that two were made in late 2018, one in mid-2016 and another in late 2015
crazy2.gif

One of the techs came out and asked if something was wrong, I showed him the date codes on the tires and he didn't seem the least bit concerned. He asked me "why did you think they were on sale?"

I spoke with the manager and he checked the stock but didn't have any newer tires in the store, after discussing it for a few minutes he gave me $50 off on top of the sale, free lifetime balancing and a considerable discount on the road hazard warranty. I am satisfied with that. Between Sumitomo's warranty and the road hazard coverage through Tire Kingdom I should be fine. If a tire comes apart next year then they get to put four new ones on it since it's AWD.

That being said, I am very happy with the tires' performance so far. Drove about 100 miles, in some rain and varying speeds and pavements. These tires are extremely quiet even at highway speeds, and handle well.

Just over $300 out the door.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IMG_9040.jpg

IMG_9041.jpg

Last edited:
Back