Busy and loving it

I have been back to work as of May 5th. I honestly can say I love being back working. Was out today doing Ram Sprinter van recalls. Not my favorite automaker but it's work and I'm getting paid. Surprisingly, my work is ramping up as we just called back 5 of our drivers; guys that take cars to body shops, get tires for us and do a lot of work I was doing for a week.

I hope some of the wonderful folks here at BITOG are back to work or will be soon. Being off 21 workdays royally sucked but I did get paid since work used some of my vacation days.

Great. Being busy through the day means i can enjoy my days off so much more.

I've worked through the whole pandemic. Houses were still being built. It slowed right down just as I start work in the bush for 3 months. We're swamped in the forestry industry this year.

We never closed. We had 2 weeks of silence then the flood gates opened. We are currently by appointment only and are backed up 10 days. Almost everyone is fixing their stuff. $800+ bills are common. We had one $2800 AC job already.Never have we had so many people willing to pay big bucks to fix their cars.

We've been extremely busy as well. We're scheduling about 4 days out for oil change appointments and 3 days for repair work. It's a good problem to have.

Originally Posted by Chris142
We never closed. We had 2 weeks of silence then the flood gates opened. We are currently by appointment only and are backed up 10 days. Almost everyone is fixing their stuff. $800+ bills are common. We had one $2800 AC job already.Never have we had so many people willing to pay big bucks to fix their cars.

Yeah Chris you hit the nail on the head. We spent a good chunk of coin getting the VW approved 0w20 for Audi and VW's we have. Filters for a Audi Q7 we have to get from dealers and are a pain in rear to do oil change on. I'm glad to be employed once again. Don't know if I could work from home

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Yah life is tough but I've never been off still retired and enjoying it.

What the.....
lol.gif

Just kidding Johnny. You earned it. I'm young and enjoying life and addicted to cutting used oil filters open
grin2.gif

When things shut down my company experienced a several day lull. But after two weeks we were running almost full tilt. A month later were were slammed and almost unable to keep up. I consider myself very fortunate. I feel for the people who are laid off and struggling and for businesses barely hanging on.

We're down to 45 hours a week... 3 day weekends for night shift every week until we jump back up. I think we're waiting on material though, some of the back ordered parts on our list have a nice "NFM" next to them
lol.gif

A friend of mine owns a mechanic shop, he said they're slammed now, that everyone is spending their stimulus checks or their unemployment back-payment.

Originally Posted by Nick1994

A friend of mine owns a mechanic shop, he said they're slammed now, that everyone is spending their stimulus checks or their unemployment back-payment.

That is my guess. Seems kinds dumb to me to spend that much on a car repair that is not a necessity. I would save it for rent or food.

Automotive repair shops generally do better during recessions as people plan to keep their existing vehicle longer.

Stude..., the power industry is like business as usual. The leaders are home laying on their couch. Us worker bees are getting it done! Never even slowed down. Our parks, trail heads, home improvement stores are full to capacity with all the phoney telecommuters that are supposed to be working. What a joke! Where I work these dumb [censored]'s apparently don't realize that when their name is selected on email it shows exactly when they last logged in. Oh my my when they get off their sack we are having a hay day with the phoney trash!

Originally Posted by clinebarger

Automotive repair shops generally do better during recessions as people plan to keep their existing vehicle longer.

That's for sure! I worked mostly 6 day weeks as a tech back during the 2008 recession. Of course I was younger then.

Originally Posted by Blkstanger
I have worked everyday since the shutdown. I guess the Military needs Radar to fly.

You work for the FAA or a military contractor ?

Good too see many people unaffected by the slow down.

Back