Firearm Dilemma

Originally Posted by Passport1
He bought a new (still new today) FN five7, S&W .44 mag. combat, Beretta 9mm, Colt 1911, a new Colt 6 shooter .45 (cowboy revolver w/fancy custom made leather belt/holster with ammo loops. Hunting rifles/scopes and fancy shotguns.

Lots more but nothing really useful for CCW.

Is CCW your only intent?

I think the Colt revolver, if a SAA or similar, is probably the most valuable and of interest. If the S&W .44 is a pre-lock, it is more desirable than the later ones, but is probably pretty nice too. A Colt 1911 will never lack desirability.

The FN and glock are less interesting IMO...

The walther is always a fun item, and if that's your gut, then Id say to go with that. But Id look heavily at keeping one or both Colts and/or S&W if youre so inclined.

The FNs go for decent money even used. Some models are rarer than others. The 5.7 ammo is also not cheap ($0.50/each is pretty normal)

BSW

Condolences on your loss.

Do you really, really have to get rid of them in the short term? If not, I would hang on to them; you will have them and they are also a nice little rainy day fund to dip into if needed.

I'd vote for keeping the Walther.

The first question to ask is of yourself, not us. The question is "Why do you want to keep on of his guns". (not a political question, but a goal-oriented question)
Are you wanting a handgun for self-defense and all-around functionality?
Are you wanting something that is only to be used for plinking?
Are you looking to keep it as an investment?
Are you feeling compelled to keep it out of sentiment, and you really don't want one at all?
Are you placing a premium on ease-of-care; ease of use; ease of cleaning ... ?

I think if you sit down and decide what's important to you, you'll not need our help in your decision.

And as with the others, I echo the condolences of the BITOG community for your brother's passing.

Why are you wanting to get rid of any of them if you don't my my asking? As posted by ‘hatt' unless you're in need of money just hold on to them. Of course it's your decision and not really any business of mine why you'd sell or keep.

Back