Redline Euro 5w30

[Linked Image]

Moly & Boron seem to be on the low side for a $ price oil.

But that's just me

I'd like more for my money !!💵💵ðŸ‘

OP, what is the source of that?

Some specs differ a bit compared what Redline says, and Redline includes HTHS of 3.7 and NOACK of 6%, which most would think is a good thing.

Not throwing stones. Is that an oil analysis?

Scott

Originally Posted by buster
It's a Low SAP oil. Normal.

That's about the lowest alkalinity I've seen even for a low Saps oil. With a TBN <6.0 it fails to meet the minimum requirements of ACEA C3 and MB 229.51 for which Redline recommends usage.

Why are posters calling this a low SAPS oil, when clearly on the label it states from Redline it is a mid SAPS oil?

Originally Posted by Mainia
Why are posters calling this a low SAPS oil, when clearly on the label it states from Redline it is a mid SAPS oil?

Good point. The website and spec sheet states "low ash content". Whether low or mid it's a low TBN IMO.

Originally Posted by NuttCase
Originally Posted by Mainia

Good point. The website and spec sheet states "low ash content". Whether low or mid it's a low TBN IMO.

Could Redline be using that different additive where you need to use the different numbered ASTM TBN test to be accurate? If you use the older one the outcome is ALWAYS a low reading and people freak. I am only going 3,500 miles with my fuel dilution 1.6T that sees rough service. Seeing in their own words it says...

"Designed for the extended drain intervals and fuel economy of the latest European gasoline and diesel engines, including VW TDI models and BMW 3-series diesels".

The TBN is marked on the sheet with an asterisk since the method used is not exactly ASTM D2896, but an "homolog", and in this test it usually gives around 1-1.5 less than the ASTM method.

All in all and with it, it is a "euroseries" range in which the manufacturer has cut the additive package too far, well below the ACEA C3 limits with a view to trying to saturate the least possible DPF / FAP

Back