Firearm Dilemma

I inherited a gun collection from my brother's estate. He had several brand new high quality rifles and handguns. I've taken most to a federal firearm licensed dealer to help market them.

I am going to keep at least one. I am on the fence about keeping a brand new Glock 19 9mm or a very nice almost new Walther PPK .380 cal.

I already have two CCW weapons in .38cal and 9mm. I'm a lifelong James Bond fan and lean a bit towards the little Walther.

Which would you keep?

Originally Posted by Astro14
Keep the one that reminds of your brother.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

01.gif

Originally Posted by Passport1
I inherited a gun collection from my brother's estate. He had several brand new high quality rifles and handguns. I've taken most to a federal firearm licensed dealer to help market them.

I am going to keep at least one. I am on the fence about keeping a brand new Glock 19 9mm or a very nice almost new Walther PPK .380 cal.

I already have two CCW weapons in .38cal and 9mm. I'm a lifelong James Bond fan and lean a bit towards the little Walther.

Which would you keep?

I mean, it sounds like you just want a range toy. You don't really NEED another gun. So, in that case, I'd keep the Walther. Glock 19s are fine firearms, I own one, shoot it regularly and have been nothing but pleased with the pistol's performance.

However, they're not neat, or sexy, or cool. They're just a functional, reliable firearm. When it comes to actual, practical use, the Glock is hands down a superior pistol, but it sounds like that's really not an issue for you.

Since the PPK is cooler, I'd probably keep it.

That said, the PPK is probably worth more (seriously, the prices Walther asks and gets for a 90 year old simple blowback gun are ABSURD), so if you need the money there's that.

Keep them both. The Glock is a better pistol but the Walther has more panache.

Originally Posted by Bud

01.gif

01.gif

First and foremost, Sorry for you loss.

Sounds like your brother has a nice taste in Firearms.

Wow.......tough choice.
The Walther being a true classic, and the Glock a future classic.
If I were in your shoes, I'd keep both.
Just saying.......

+1 ... keep both of them.

Originally Posted by hatt
Unless you're destitute I'd keep all my brother's guns

Those guns will be worth their weight in gold one day.

James Bond has moved on to H&K I believe. I would just keep them both. Glock for range, Walther behind bathroom toilet or in kitchen behind breadbox would be good or on top of fan in living room, or under dog dish in the pantry.

I'd keep both also. I am not a fan of getting rid of any gun. Every one I have sold I regret it sooner or later.

+1. That would be my gut too.

OP, you didnt really give a list. Seems like you are leaning towards the Walther - Id tent to agree. The Glock is a great pistol, and ubiquitous (not that you cant find PPKs all over).

What else was there which might be interesting? For example, any old P&R S&W revolvers or other items that would pass the test of time and strike your fancy?

He bought a new (still new today) FN five7, S&W .44 mag. combat, Beretta 9mm, Colt 1911, a new Colt 6 shooter .45 (cowboy revolver w/fancy custom made leather belt/holster with ammo loops. Hunting rifles/scopes and fancy shotguns.

Lots more but nothing really useful for CCW.

Walther for sure. It's the one your heart wants and it also has some personality to it. A G19 is a G19 is a G19 you can get one anywhere, anytime and it will be equally uninspiring. ( I am not a basher there is one strapped to my side as I type this. )

Last edited:
Back