'Vette, anyone?

Wow low 57's for a 3LZ is a super buy. Those cars sticker priced for well over $105,000 plus the Hertz cars have some nice enhancements to make it a Hertz package. Personally, I don't mind yellow buy it's usually a slower seller than a red, white or black. Those engines will take a beating but the A8 transmissions (automatic only) can be very problematic with any 2015 through 2019 Corvette. They won't last long at those prices though.

Originally Posted by earthbound
gently used miles I'm sure...

These may be the only corvettes that actually get driven over 55MPH!

Originally Posted by Trav
Originally Posted by gfh77665
https://jalopnik.com/hertz-just-dumped-a-bunch-of-cheap-z06-corvettes-onto-t-1843521667

According to Autotrader, there are over twenty Hertz edition Z06s available some of which are priced under $60,000.

For just a little more you can get the brand new one, who in their right mind wants last weeks leftovers for dinner instead of a fresh steak.

Those who want on of the last front engine- RWD cars?

Agreed the new Corvette is now in the full Supercar luxury lane.

Me, I need a sleeper - not a standout. I will use the car. I don't need police attention.

Vette? Too much power guys, unless you plan to track it now and then.

I could never use 70% of that potential around my town. That = NO FUN.

I like to drive at 10/10th's quite often. Need a good handler with just the "right" amount of power. Also, RWD.

SO, bye- bye VW this fall.

Power is great, handing is horrendous.

https://jalopnik.com/hertz-just-dumped-a-bunch-of-cheap-z06-corvettes-onto-t-1843521667

According to Autotrader, there are over twenty Hertz edition Z06s available some of which are priced under $60,000.

For just a little more you can get the brand new one, who in their right mind wants last weeks leftovers for dinner instead of a fresh steak.

The 3LZ Z-06's MSRP is on most of these is well over $110,000 and they don't discount Corvettes too much. The 2020 Corvette's are not available in a Z-06 package and when they are available it will most like be way over $130,000 therefore the $57,000 3LZ is a great price and they will not last long before they are all sold out. You cannot hardly find a regular 1LZ Z-06 for $57,000 and a 3LZ is the top of the line loaded up mode. These cars are a steal at the prices they are asking.

I bet gently and light throttle use only

Originally Posted by joekingcorvette

The 3LZ Z-06's MSRP is on most of these is well over $110,000 and they don't discount Corvettes too much. The 2020 Corvette's are not available in a Z-06 package and when they are available it will most like be way over $130,000 therefore the $57,000 3LZ is a great price and they will not last long before they are all sold out. You cannot hardly find a regular 1LZ Z-06 for $57,000 and a 3LZ is the top of the line loaded up mode. These cars are a steal at the prices they are asking.

The simple fact is the new car exposed the old car what it was, a 20th century antique they have been putting makeup on it for years in a attempt to make it something it never was and would never be in a front engine configuration, a super car.
The new one doesn't need to a Z06 package it already competes easily as it is but when the next generation does come we can only hope it has AWD and a DOHC forced induction V8 like the Blackwing and a hybrid option (it already has the floor for it). If anything the new car is under priced and a steal for what it is.
No hate for the Vette here I owned a couple back when for a short time but they were not great cars. I cant say I am sad to see the old one go into the books of discontinued old models.

The simple fact is the new car exposed the old car what it was, a 20th century antique they have been putting makeup on it for years in a attempt to make it something it never was and would never be in a front engine configuration, a super car.
The new one doesn't need to a Z06 package it already competes easily as it is but when the next generation does come we can only hope it has AWD and a DOHC forced induction V8 like the Blackwing and a hybrid option (it already has the floor for it). If anything the new car is under priced and a steal for what it is.
No hate for the Vette here I owned a couple back when for a short time but they were not great cars. I cant say I am sad to see the old one go into the books of discontinued old models.

Hey Trav - do you think when the Tesla Roadster is released (looks like 2022 now) it will render the mid-engine Vettes, the Porsches and other world class sports cars antiques?
0 to 60 in 2.1 seconds (or faster), incredible handling, etc?

Asking for a friend...

My 1st Vette was a used 1986 Coupe; it was amazing for its time and price.

Roadster

Koenigsegg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

Hey Trav - do you think when the Tesla Roadster is released (looks like 2022 now) it will render the mid-engine Vettes, the Porsches and other world class sports cars antiques?
0 to 60 in 2.1 seconds (or faster), incredible handling, etc?

Asking for a friend...

I'd say that when and IF it's released, AND actually measures up to the claims, would be the time to pose that question...

Depends on what you're looking for and how much you have to spend. C5 Corvettes are the bang for the buck bargain of the century, but are over a 20 year old design, so that might scare some people away...

Originally Posted by joekingcorvette

I don't know which generations you're referring to when you say "the old car", but from the C5 on they are very competent cars. Overall reliability is very good too. The LS1 doesn't make as much power as many of today's cars, but the aftermarket for these cars is endless and they can be made as fast as any new car. Handling is still as good, or better than most. C4s, and post '72 C3s IMO are junk. Those were the "dark" years for the Corvette and they almost caused the Corvette to to be killed off for good, but the C5 saved the Corvette...

I don't think it was ever intended to be a super car.

Just for Vinny, the Strip Club owner and then Older Men with a mid or late life crisis and regrets.

Or maybe, Mr Aqua Velva , " I got injured playing Varsity football - but I WAS real good for a year" Jock.

At least it had double Wishbone suspension - unlike the BMW's with Junk Mac Struts.

Then those brilliant - and decidedly cool - transverse glass bow springs.

Trav, have fun working on the mid engine!

The thing I like about vettes is the front hinged clamshell bonnet. provided nice access.

The Corvette has always raced against and stood with cars costing far more. Fit and finish has always been terrible.
The C4s were world beaters at the time, pulling 1.0 lateral g forces on the Gatorback tires that the car was designed around.

Old school? Antique? Sure. But from a performance standpoint, especially price performance, really hard to beat.

One of my favorites; notice the Prancing Horse:

68 L88.jpg

Back