Best oil filters - dead horse thread

Of course there are all types of comments about filters.

Thsi guy doe some pretty robust analysis of filter performance and seems scientifically sound (which everyone here cares about) Its an European analysis so several of the filters are not available in the US

I need a filter for my 2013 Jaguar which are know to have timing guide failures and grinding of the housing metal, so using a good filter is a mus so I have been looking at models available in the us

I have used Mann and wix in the past on other cars, as well as mobil one that I like

Here are his videos

Oil filter test

oil filter test 2.

Originally Posted by jssaab

Thsi guy doe some pretty robust analysis of filter performance and seems scientifically sound (which everyone here cares about)

Not in this universe

A basement science project (another "Project Farm") trying to simulate ISO filter test methods. Did he compare his findings with the official ISO tests for those filters?

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
A basement science project (another "Project Farm") trying to simulate ISO filter test methods. Did he compare his findings with the official ISO tests for those filters?

And there it is....

thanks for all your suggestions, getting the wix, been happy with them in the past

Originally Posted by Micahmcmeen
I would stick with the basic wix. I'll suggest fram ultra as well just to beat someone else to the punch.

+1

I would stick with the basic wix. I'll suggest fram ultra as well just to beat someone else to the punch.

Agree with Micahmcmeen., Hard to beat WIX GOLD

Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis
Purolator Classic

Really? Aren't they economy filters?

I have used Motorcraft several times without issues.

Answer?

Purolator Classic and Motorcraft.

#endthread

X2.

Excellent choices.

Originally Posted by DGXR
Purolator Classic

Really? Aren't they economy filters?

I have used Motorcraft several times without issues.

Economically good for your pocketbook.

To be honest ive never had one tear*

Running a 9 year old group 7 by purolator now (jobber classic, now known as the purolator tech line)

Hit 1000mi on it this weekend. 4000mi to go before I cut it open. Or do I dare run it for 2 5k ocis, ya know for science?

***that I know of anyway. And I ran Purolator Classics and Pureones exclusively for 6 years on previous vehicles, mainly the L20195 and L14459

Last edited:
Back