A stranger made my day

Good Afternoon folks
smile.gif

I was at my Rural King grabbing a few things after work. I was waiting to check out and a nice, pretty young lady ahead of me wasn't able to pay for a few items she had. She was about to take them back; I asked the cashier to put them on my bill. The young lady was to say the least very moved emotionally. I explained that I was told by my grandfather that even in crazy times, if I can help anyone that's worse off than me; I should do it.

She was glad and couldn't stop talking to me as I helped her put her things in her car. I'm glad I was able to help her. I don't know her situation and didn't ask questions. It made me think and realize that there is hope for lots of people
smile.gif

Originally Posted by GSCJR
Well done Adam!

Thanks, I try
smile.gif

I could see a baby seat in the back of the car also, just glad I was able to help someone

Great example of paying it forward. I've done stuff like this, I always ask the person to return the favor in the future so someone when their circumstances allow.

Nice move ... I bet it made you feel as good as it did her.

Folks; grandpa told me when brother and I were young that in bad or crazy times to help folks out. He told us that people will remember the courtesy and help you do for them. He was right
smile.gif

I tried to do a good deed and ended up feeling bad about it last week. Was in the Twisty Treat line getting my daughter and I some cones. Old fellow with vet hat pulls in on a scooter behind me. As I was leaving I handed the girl a 5 and told her to get ol boy a ice cream and toss whatever's left in a tip jar. $5 isn't a lot of money these days
33.gif

Maybe it worked out.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Folks; grandpa told me when brother and I were young that in bad or crazy times to help folks out. He told us that people will remember the courtesy and help you do for them. He was right
smile.gif

You've done a lot of good with your blood donations as well. Likely saved some lives.

Number_35: thank you and I do what I can to help. I felt I should since I'm back to work, even if I'm only working 40hours. Usually I work least 50+ hours a week

Back