Honda OEM filter Honda 15400-PLM-A02 in my Nissan engine

Originally Posted by addyguy
I have read here many times that the slightly stronger basic Honda filters are actually ‘equivalent' to the Fram Toughguard filters, not the regular orange can extra guards.

I don't know if buying Honda filters is a better deal? Maybe toughguards on sale would be better?

I too have read that many times here and elsewhere, it still doesn't make it true.

That said the TG7317 is probably the closest.

[Linked Image from rangerxlt.com]

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
Many Nissan and Infiniti owners whose cars call for the 6607 short filter opt instead to use the 7317 long filter unless you have space restrictions on your model.

And the same thing on Toyotas calling for a PH4967 filter the PH4386 or PH3614 will fit if there is space.

Originally Posted by nthach
Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
Many Nissan and Infiniti owners whose cars call for the 6607 short filter opt instead to use the 7317 long filter unless you have space restrictions on your model.

And the same thing on Toyotas calling for a PH4967 filter the PH4386 or PH3614 will fit if there is space.

You can also possibly use the PH2951 or Ac Delco PF1245, they're bigger around like the PH3614 but have the smaller gasket like the 4967 or 4386.

Back