Wix 51348 5500 miles

Here is a Wix 51348 filter that had 5500 miles on the OCI from a 2009 Ford Focus.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It was replaced by a Napa Gold 1348 and had Pennzoil HM 5w-20 replaced in the crankcase. I had put 4oz of seafoam in the old oil 150 miles ago.

That oil in the pan looks pretty clean. How many Months on the oci?

Looks like one month old oil!

Seafoarm? NO!

Alcohol is bad in the crankcase.

4 oz wouldnt hurt ONCE.

Originally Posted by sopususer
Tough to beat the consistent quality of Wix/NAPA Gold filters for the money. Hope current ownership doesn't degrade the quality for the sake of $$$$.

Who is current ownership? Did they sell out to some vulture capitalist?

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
That oil in the pan looks pretty clean. How many Months on the oci?

Looks like one month old oil!

Seafoarm? NO!

Alcohol is bad in the crankcase.

4 oz wouldnt hurt ONCE.

6 months

Originally Posted by LubricatusObsess
Ah - thank you. If memory serves, Mann+Hummel makes pretty good filters, don't they?

Yes. I would be very surprised if they messed with Wix. But we shall see.

Ah - thank you. If memory serves, Mann+Hummel makes pretty good filters, don't they?

They also own Purolator, aka tear-o-lato aka Burr-o-lator. I think I've seen reports of the Mobil1 Filters from Mann Hummel having the burred tapping plate problem where it slices the ADBV.

Last edited:
Geez is there gonna be just one oil filter company left? Guess I'll stick with Fram Ultra XG until mega-corp buys them and squeezed the life out of 'em.

Geez is there gonna be just one oil filter company left? Guess I'll stick with Fram Ultra XG until mega-corp buys them and squeezed the life out of 'em.

Too late. Allied-Signal did that to Fram years ago .

Originally Posted by PowerSurge

It's Trico now that owns Fram.

shocked.gif
Ever see the movie "Rollerball"? We're living it. I'm living it. I lost my career due to it.

Much was made of the [censored] in the past, when Fram moved all their basic filters to China. However, they did develop the Ultra XG, ostensibly assembled in the USA. What's the latest legal weasel-word disclaimer on the box? "Assembled in the USA of foreign and domestic content"

Too late. Allied-Signal did that to Fram years ago.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

And who owns Trico now?
lol.gif

Originally Posted by DGXR
Too late. Allied-Signal did that to Fram years ago.

And who owns Trico now?
lol.gif

Fram was acquired by Trico, which is a subsidiarity of the Crowne Group, LLC. Can you post a link showing those are all owned by Allied Signal?

https://www.autoserviceworld.com/trico-acquires-fram/

33.gif
How long have they owned Fram? Hopefully they don't turn Fram quality into the same quality of their garbage windshield wipers.

Originally Posted by jeepman3071

33.gif
How long have they owned Fram? Hopefully they don't turn Fram quality into the same quality of their garbage windshield wipers.

About a year ago

Back