How many years of oil do you keep?

I found deals on brand name synthetic for under $2 a quart. I have over 5 years' worth.

I can't justify using regular oil anymore.

I am not sure how many years worth of oil I have. Maybe 3-4 years if I had to guess.
I do know I have 40 gallons.
I have quit buying oil, but will still get it if it is free after rebate.
I recently sold about 10 gallons of oil for over $100, making about $70 profit.

My current stash has an average cost of $0.28/qt (16 qts of syn blend, 36 qts is synthetic).

The 12 car's that I'm doing for friends and relatives and mine oil change q 4-6 months interval,about 140 quarts assorted weights mostly 0w-20.Those oil bought with rebates,sales. Mostly QS of menards.

Zippo. With generally good availability and online shipping & tracking, no need to hoard anymore. Unless a refinery blows up, but most would be S.O.L. anyway.

I have about three years worth. I missed a good sale at Partsource two weeks ago because I didn't want to leave the house.

Originally Posted by ripcord
The recent Autozone closeouts really did on number on my shelf space. Lets just way I'm good for a while.

It did for me too
banana2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Dave

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Right now I've got a half-quart of Schaeffer 9000 5w20 and a half-quart of Royal Purple's HMX 5w30.

I only purchase oil when it's time or if there's a special need for it.

One to two oil changes on hand per vehicle. After I change the oil, I have about 5 months before the next oil change and I should get to Walmart in that time to buy oil.

2-3 years in reality. I drive very little; already worked from home so a stash of 2-3 filters and a couple 5 quart jugs will see me through my yearly oil changes for a couple of years. Typically I buy filters 5-6 at a time if something is on sale at rock auto. Sometimes this leaves me with a stash of them I can't use but my last 2 vehicles have used the same filter even though they were 19 years apart in mfg so I got lucky. Wiper blades not so much
frown.gif
Here in So Cal we go through wiper blades because they dry rot from lack of use.

Guys with years and years of stock pile

Most are absolute by now or will be soon and there's lots of new and better oils in the market

I like fresh oil myself !!!!!
Not stall !

I have plenty of oil to outlast this shutdown.

I have about 12 years worth of HDEO for the Subarus, and about 2 years worth for the Ford. Because if anything goes down, everyone knows you want to sneak out, and:
[Linked Image]

Back