Ford 2.5L PCV Replacement

I have a 12 Fusion with the 2.5L. I want to replace the PCV valve. Does anyone know anything about it? What parts are needed (other than PCV valve and intake plenum gaskets)? Torque specs and sequence for the intake? Is there some sort of can or baffle assembly that the PCV goes into that a person can remove and clean or replace? TYIA

I just looked on RockAuto for your year, make and model. I'm interested because I have
several Duratech's in the family, including a 2.5 in our 16' Escape.
They list a PCV valve, a PCV hose and an oil separator ...which come to a total of approx. $70
before shipping. I know that it isn't the typical PCV valve change because it is located under
the intake and hard to access …...when...and if, I ever need to change one....I'll do all 3 parts because
it would be foolish to have to do it again if one later failed.

PS: For what it's worth...I once asked Tig1 if he ever changed his PCV and he hadn't at over 200K....
using a good synthetic like Mobil 1 probably helped keep his clean....

I've changed it on my Mazda6 back in 2018 and PCV valve was in great shape; so in essence, it wasn't needed to be replaced but I did it anyway because time consuming event and I had parts on hand; the parts involved the PVC, hose and a ring that secures PVC; my price was $30 total

[Linked Image]

I took me 5hrs to replace it then another 4hrs to put it all together

I have a 2011 Mazda CX-5 with the NA 2.5L engine. Since the PCV valves on most cars are inexpensive and easy to replace, I was going to do it on my car; until I watch a video showing just how not simple the job is. I've decided that I'll forgo that service until there's an actual indication that it needs to be done.

Originally Posted by miden851
I've changed it on my Mazda6 back in 2018 and PCV valve was in great shape; so in essence, it wasn't needed to be replaced but I did it anyway because time consuming event and I had parts on hand; the parts involved the PVC, hose and a ring that secures PVC; my price was $30 total

[Linked Image]

I took me 5hrs to replace it then another 4hrs to put it all together

miden851 - how many miles were on your Mazda when you changed it?

Excellent information and feedback from everyone, again, much appreciated!
I'm thinking that I will hold off on the Fusion for now, I think the mileage is about 115k.
BUT...
My daughters Corolla is a bit over 196k miles. PCV is in the same place, so I want to do that one sooner rather than later.
I guess that I will start a new thread for that one to see if anyone knows anything about the specifics of doing it on that motor.
Thanks again everyone!

Originally Posted by Ram02
Ford wonderful engineering smh

It was actually designed by Mazda....

Back