Anyone ever used one of these utility trailers from Northern Tool?

[Linked Image]

I'm thinking about ordering this to haul brush and cut down trees off to the woods from my yard. It looks like a good trailer but I've not seen one in person. Just looking for ideas.
Any first hand experience would be appreciated.

I got a cheap one with steel sides that I thought would fall apart. It might have been $20. I painted it with truck bed liner. Still going strong about 10 years latter. I might have put tires on it. Cannot remember.

I have a small cart similar to this without the all round basket on top, mine just has high sides. If you do a lot of dead branch trimming or longer brush it never wants to stay in the cart. Mine is usually hanging over the front and back and the bumpy ride will have it falling out. I ended up putting 2 pieces of 1/4" chain on the sides and hooks on the other side so I can throw the chain over the brush and cinch it down. But it has become a life saver hauling rocks and stone and firewood or moving soil around, pretty much anything you would do with a wheel barrow if you didnt have to move it 200 yds.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Originally Posted by Donald
I would not get one with grates. You will be moving dirt or sand at some point and will not want the grates.

Could probably line it with plastic sheet and go.

Sheet of wood will work too.

Good enough for small amounts of brush but it is too small for my jobs. Myself, I would go to an outdoor equipment dealer and look into a larger dump cart with solid sides and better tires.

Last edited:
Well, first off, I have a smaller dump cart for hauling mulch and dirt, which works fine, but it's a good thought. As to the cart at NT, yeah it's not really quite big enough for the price. I can get the folding 4x8 utility trailer for almost half the cost IF I can find one somewhere. HF is supposed have them, but I've called over the whole state and near by, but only one store has a "my be here Friday", so I'm guessing I'm not going to find one. It figures, I got a coupon good til June 30, for $269, which is a steal.

Back