Vehicle sighting - 1970ish Lincoln Continental Mk III

First post didn't take - trying again. Spotted this behemoth on a walk yesterday evening. I would have liked to see under the hood. 460?

20200517_205440_HDR.jpg

20200517_205503_HDR.jpg

20200517_205514.jpg

10.5:1 big block should be just fine on 91 or 92 octane with a lead substitute if valve seats are original unlesspulling, climbing Pikes Peak, or racing. I doubt the owner is running race gas.

Someone I knew bought a pickup at a sheriff's auction, later he found a hidden compartment under the bed somewhere with bricks of marijuana. He turned it in. Better man than I.

Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
Yep, 460. I had a 1972 Mk IV. It is a unique experience cruising along with a massive hood reflecting the streetlights.
This was my favorite personal luxury car of all time. Class all the way!

460 cubic inch all iron big block V8, 3 speed automatic, and a curb weight pushing 5,000 lbs. I shudder to think of the fuel economy usage.

Last edited:
My dad had one bought it brand new in 1969. Kept going back to the dealership after a hot day car would not start after you shut it off. Traded it in for a new 2 door Cadillac. After that we was on a Buick kick then back to Lincoln Town cars. Leased a Lexus when they first came out loved that car and stuck with them to he passed. That full-size Lexus was the best cars he's ever owned he always said. During the 70 and 80's he got stuck with to many cars off the showroom they were horrible all American cars.

Back