Best 2 stroke oil?

The best you can do for a decent price is Pennzoil Premium at the mart store. Forget the high end Evinrude and Mercury oils that were developed for the Direct injection motors. They cost a not so small fortune and wont do anything for your motor that was built when people still used 30W or TCW2. In all honesty any TCW3 oil will be just fine but the synthetics like the Pennzoil Prem do smoke less and I have found that I get a smoother idle when I troll for extended time.

I am biased. Amsoil.
spankme2.gif

Pennzoil Marine XLF Extended Life Formula

"Developed for marine engines that are "seasoned" or have been in service for a few years"

Originally Posted by krismoriah72
Pennzoil Marine XLF Extended Life Formula

"Developed for marine engines that are "seasoned" or have been in service for a few years"

My 20 year old Johnson Ocean Pro 150 really runs well on this Walmart available product.
$17.76 a gallon.

Originally Posted by ripcord
Probably hard to go wrong with the synthetic Evinrude XD100 2 cycle oil.

I wouldn't use XD100 in a pre-mix situation. I may be wrong, but I don't think it's even TC-W3 rated. Use a quality pre-mix semi synthetic if you want the best available. The X30 would be better suited (BRP suggest XD30 for carbed 2 strokes) but even the wally world supertech oil is really good.

Last edited:
Back