Any motorcycle seat upholstery gurus here?

This Corbin seat is less than $90 shipped but has a couple of small tears and one big one along the seat edge. Is it possible to repair at home while remaining presentable? Any tricks of the trade appreciated.

s-l400 (1).jpg

s-l400.jpg

s-l400 (2).jpg

It has a Corbin sticker on it ...If you like the way it feels ship to them for a new cover or a rebuild. Any good upholstery place can replicate the cover by ripping the seams and using the pieces as templates for a new one. I would get the foam done while you're in there. A good seat foam should be 2 layers or more with higher densities on the bottom and softer on top. Good seats spread weight out over large area to avoid pressure points.

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to pass and have the OEM seat recovered. I wish I still lived in San Diego, a shop in Tijuana redid the seat on my 750F while I drank Coronas in a bar down the street. Cost $50 and was great.

Manufactures must think that a riders butt is made out of titanium the way some stock saddles are
equipped... well if we can send astronauts to the moon why can't we ride in comfort??? you can
thanks to NASA's Temper Foam...

"Temper Foam® is a temperature sensitive foam which gets softer and more malleable when warmed
and firmer when cooled. Similar to a liquid gel, becoming firmer upon impact, yet feeling soft and fluid
to the touch. It is a visco- elastic material ideal for orthopaedic and prosthetic applications. With its
firm elastic flow and non-stick properties it eliminates soreness and pain caused by long periods of
pressure."

Mr.RC45's shinny black board called a race saddle...
[Linked Image from vfrdiscussion.com]

I laid the stock seat pan over a 3 inch block of T47 extra firm...

I cut the basis shape using a electric carving knife...

I glued the foam to the plastic pan with 3M Weather Strip or Gorilla
Snot if you will... next I shaped the foam with a air driven sander...

Behold... I went from a 30 minute seat to a 12 hour seat... old guys
know comfort and know how to get it too...

Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
Awesome tip!
In all fairness to the RC45 that is a road racing bike with a license plate.

True... engineer by HRC to go around a corner faster than you ever dared in your life and my wallet is full of appearance notices to prove it also it keeps good company...

[Linked Image from farm3.staticflickr.com]

[Linked Image from farm3.staticflickr.com]

I test road one while working as a service tech for Joe Harrison Honda (now Powersports) after changing brake pads and other service, oil change, chain adjustment, maybe it was long ago. Easiest bike to ride fast I've ever experienced. Also those brakes, I was heat cycling them on an access road and gave the lever a hard squeeze at a stoplight. Locked it up with a howl in front of a gas station. Scared the #### out of me.

I've re-covered one motorcycle seat. I watched some videos on youtube to get some idea of what techniques could be used, ordered the material off Amazon, and then did it. It turned out just fine.

I ve recovered many atv and dirt bike seats. You can buy the fabric and do it yourself. The precut seat covers on eBay are really easy to install. Lay then in the sun so they get hot and stretch them tight. It's not as bad as you think. Like I said I ve done lots now and they come out pretty nice.
I had to buy a new seat for my Canam Spyder. The stocj seat was awful. Makes me mad that a motorcycle seat costs as much as a couch.

Back