Driven - Direct Injection 5w30

This was posted previously by RDY4WAR so I figured I'd include it in the VOA section.

I was told the 0w20 contains PAO, mPAO/III and POE. Sulfated Ash is .722. The low SA is likely Lubrizol's influence as they seem to be of the mindset that SA does have an impact on IVD's.

KV100 = 11.83
KV40 = 69.18
VI = 167.92
Ca = 1220
Mg = 5
Na = 0
Zn = 1079
P = 1060
Mo = 341
B = 0

mPAO in 0w20 ? It's typically too thick so hope they are not putting in two drops per quart to make a claim …

Originally Posted by 4WD
mPAO in 0w20 ? It's typically too thick so hope they are not putting in two drops per quart to make a claim …

I don't know, but it's likely a very small amount. Maybe as a VII?

It's a really interesting oil. Driven works with Lubrizol.

Excellent base oils.

Please remind what IVD acronym means - couldn't find it in reference glossary. Only remember it as "ion vapor deposition" in mfg.!
eek.gif

Sorry, intake valve deposits. An oil can only do so much to help mitigate them, but the low SA figure of .722 for this line of oils makes me think that was why it is so low. Lubrizol was the additive supplier that published that study (which may or may not have been flawed) back in 2006 alluding to SA and the correlation to IVD's. Or it may just be due to lower the detergents to offset LSPI which requires a lower amount of Ca.

Originally Posted by buster
Sorry, intake valve deposits. An oil can only do so much to help mitigate them, but the low SA figure of .722 for this line of oils makes me think that was why it is so low. Lubrizol was the additive supplier that published that study (which may or may not have been flawed) back in 2006 alluding to SA and the correlation to IVD's. Or it may just be due to lower the detergents to offset LSPI which requires a lower amount of Ca.

It barely has Magnesium, so I don't think the lower calcium sulfonate i to offset LSPI

Maybe I missed it - do we know NOACK? With all the talk of basestocks, Id assume NOACK is pretty low?

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Maybe I missed it - do we know NOACK? With all the talk of basestocks, Id assume NOACK is pretty low?

The Noack of the DI20 is 11%, not as low as I expected. Not sure about the DI 5w30.

Back