Picked up a new 2020 Camry

Originally Posted by Driz
We have 18 SXE and daughter got a 19 . Really nice cars. Yes that trannys is going to either slip or bang shift on occasion . The new ones probably have the 🙄cure(flash) that make it better . It's one of those learning trannys that picks up your driving habits over a bit. When someone else hops in it can really irk them depending on how they drive. It catches up after a while. The cure for those OCB types is simple. PUT IT IN SPORT MODE🤗. Great idea, it's just to bad that you have to push that button every time you start it. That kinda sucks
Oh well...... folks can live with that or buy the CVT model when it comes out. Unlike all the others🤦ðŸ»â€â™‚ï¸With all the issues Toyota's will have a real gear driving the takeoff section of the trannys range. Of course time will tell and I for one won't go near the first couple production years.

The XSE is really nice! I saw one the other day white with the Midnight Black roof and it was sharp! We are not noticing any shifting irregularities with the transmission. When I drove it off the lot at 5 miles I felt a shudder and that was the last time that happened. Its very smooth.

Originally Posted by Gebo
Very nice! I bet you are now glad to listened to your wife....LOL

lol.gif
Ya, your right! She was determined.

Originally Posted by MCompact

Two quotes from my wife that partially explains why I have been happily married for over 34 years:

Go ahead and buy the Speed Triple; if you are going to have a midlife crisis I'd prefer that you fool around with something on two wheels as opposed to two legs."

"If you really want that Lotus you should get it."(It was a supercharged Elise set up for track work; it sold the day before I went to look at it.)

lol.gif

Originally Posted by painfx
Originally Posted by Amkeer
Originally Posted by Kira
Best of luck with it.
Quick question (save me Googling): Is it a real 8 speed or a CVT with 8 plateaus?

Its a 8 speed electronic transmission. It drives real smooth.

A lot of people are complaining about the transmission shift quality. Are you having this issue?

No problems with the transmission shifting at all. Being a 8 speed it will shift frequently but those shift points are smooth.

Originally Posted by edyvw
Originally Posted by MCompact

Two quotes from my wife that partially explains why I have been happily married for over 34 years:

Go ahead and buy the Speed Triple; if you are going to have a midlife crisis I'd prefer that you fool around with something on two wheels as opposed to two legs."

"If you really want that Lotus you should get it."(It was a supercharged Elise set up for track work; it sold the day before I went to look at it.)

Yep. My wife would say: Just make sure that is what you really want, bcs. I do not want to listen complaining about it.

Edy that is another thing my wife told me before we bought it."I don't want to hear you complain about it".

Originally Posted by PimTac
Congratulations. Toyota has really upped their game on the Camry and it's good timing too as other automakers are stopping production of sedans.

I agree and great point.

The 2.5L is also PFI/GDI. Best of both worlds. Nice engine.

Happily they ditched that foolish plastic oil filter insert and went back to the good old can oil filter. ðŸ‘🻠Those inserts are ok up top but under the car not so swift.
One thing to watch with those Thin tires is curbs. If you are a curb scrubber you won't be happy with what it does to those rims and tires. Whoever bought my 18 new managed to reshape the wheels by bumping curbs. The flat spots don't seem to affect anything but I do have 2 small tire bulges right in the middle of a flat spot🤔. So with that in mind don't go snuggling up to the curb and save yourself the grief.

Originally Posted by buster
Congratulations. Toyota has really upped their game on the Camry and it's good timing too as other automakers are stopping production of sedans.

I agree and great point.

Yup. Currently, no 4 banger that is Naturally Aspirated can beat the Camry in terms horsepower and fuel economy. 203-206 Hp and 38-41 MPG on highway EPA rated.

Same color as my new corolla, totally awesome out in the sun. Looks great with the nightshade package on there.

Originally Posted by jhs914
The Camry no longer looks like an appliance. Quite sporty. Does the 2.5 have a timing belt or a chain?

Toyota mostly stopped using timing belts a while ago (or at least are moving away from it). They even have a webpage devoted to it.

https://www.toyota.com/support/#!/app/answers/detail/a_id/7690

Originally Posted by Driz
Happily they ditched that foolish plastic oil filter insert and went back to the good old can oil filter. ðŸ‘🻠Those inserts are ok up top but under the car not so swift.
One thing to watch with those Thin tires is curbs. If you are a curb scrubber you won't be happy with what it does to those rims and tires. Whoever bought my 18 new managed to reshape the wheels by bumping curbs. The flat spots don't seem to affect anything but I do have 2 small tire bulges right in the middle of a flat spot🤔. So with that in mind don't go snuggling up to the curb and save yourself the grief.

I noticed the low profile tires have a flare out before it meets with the rim. It looks like it comes out about 5/16th of an inch. No curb scrubbing here. We avoid the curbs and take wide turns. It took me a while to show the wife how to do that, patiently.

Originally Posted by painfx
Originally Posted by buster

I agree and great point.

Yup. Currently, no 4 banger that is Naturally Aspirated can beat the Camry in terms horsepower and fuel economy. 203-206 Hp and 38-41 MPG on highway EPA rated.

I was surprised to see the first fuel up achieve 34 MPG combined. I was expecting about 29-30. I wonder how much of that has to do with the 0w/16 oil?

Originally Posted by JoelB
Same color as my new corolla, totally awesome out in the sun. Looks great with the nightshade package on there.

I like the white also in the Nightshade. If we had left the red I was headed to the dealer to get the white Nightshade. The wife wasn't having that.

Back