Yard Machines blade adapter

High all,

I have a 7 year old or so yard machines push mower. The blade adapter works well for the Arnold 6-N-1 blade. I've managed to get the gator blade i purchased to work occasionally but since it's considerably heavier and the mounting holes aren't exact it tends to shear the teeth off of the adapter. Has anyone ever found a way around this? The adapter on my mower looks like this
Blade Adapter
The gator blade looks like this

https://www.agrisupply.com/mtd-bole...oh_S76QIVUNbACh0LSQaHEAQYBCABEgLFhfD_BwE
Not sure how to find the correct adapter.

You would probably be better off with MTD brand replacement mower blades. Even better would be to go to your local OPE dealer and get the correct replacement blade made by Rotary Corporation. I'm not a fan of the gator type blades. Growing grass holds a lot of water and gator type blades will cause a lot of buildup under the deck. They are okay for fall cleanup and that's about it.

That blade does not have side holes. It's not going to seat on the adapter properly since there are bosses for the side holes.

25 mm is a standard shaft size, look for an adapter that matches the blade.

Also check the bolt torque, it needs to be tight. Generally a lot tighter than you can get with a basic 3/8 ratchet. But this will not solve improper fit.

Actually the few times i used the gator blade it left almost no grass build up under the mower.

I can't get the links to work.
Anyway, you can go to the Rotary Corporation site or Oregon site and enter your mower blades dimensions and Six point Star Center hole and you will find the correct blades.

Last edited:
Back