Anyone here using the new iPhone SE?

Looking to upgrade from my aging LG G6 at the end of August. It's starting to struggle in some apps and the fingerprint reader/power button is beginning to randomly fail to read my fingerprint. I'm slightly intrigued by the new iPhone SE. The A13 cpu looks to be surprisingly powerful and the 3gb of ram, which on an Android device might be something to worry about, shouldn't be an issue due to Apple's much better memory management. The single lens camera shouldn't be an issue to me as I don't too often take pictures anyway. The main thing that's pulling me over to the Apple side is, as far as I can gather, the 5+ year software support for OS upgrades and such. Also I've read that Apple takes your data security more seriously than various Android devices. I've been an Android devotee for almost a decade but even I have to admit that software support even on top-tier devices usually stops after the 3rd year.

One issue I might have with something like the iPhone SE is the smaller screen. I'm not getting any younger and my eyesight certainly isn't getting any better so I'm wondering how my eyes would deal with the smaller, lower-resolution screen as compared to my current phone

I just replaced the original SE with the new one, it is bigger (not too big) and noticeably more powerful as can be seen when it installs apps, it only takes a fraction of the time.
Everything about this one is superior to the original. I got this case, its much nicer than the Otterbox I used on the other one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KMLT9M5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EL94RQE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just upgraded my iPhone 6 to the new SE. Was waiting for this because I prefer smaller phones and touch ID. Plus the fact that Walmart is selling if for $200 off if you do an upgrade through Verizon or At&t made it a no brainer for me. After about a week I have no complaints except the camera. Even though the camera is noticeably sharper than the 6, all the pictures tend to be over exposed and have unnatural hues to the colors IMO, plus the flash is so bright it has a tendency to wash out pictures if taken too close which can be a problem for apps like snapchat. But this is just a nitpick, not a deal breaker. You can definitely tell the phone has the A13 bionic chip in it, it is significantly more responsive than the aging iPhone 6.

I usually buy lifeproof cases because I prefer the peace of mind of having the phone totally enclosed, but their color schemes of late have become ridiculous. So I decided to try Walmarts brand Blackweb. I found the case to be every bit as good as lifeproof at a fraction of the cost.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackweb-Waterproof-Phone-Case-for-iPhone-7-8-Black/836368538

One last tip for anybody thinking of buying this phone. This phone is the exact same dimensions as the iPhone 8, so an iPhone 8 case will work with the new SE, and iPhone 8 cases are backwards compatible with iPhone 7, But if a case was specifically designed only for the 7 it will not correctly fit an 8 or SE. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

Basically the body and screen of an iPhone 8 with the guts of an 11. I know the screen resolution looks low on a paper, but in person it looks phenomenal.

As for cases, I swear by the Incipio Dual Pro. I have dropped my phone in some pretty horrific ways onto concrete at work, not a scratch on my phone.

I picked one up to replace my water damaged first gen SE, so far I really like it. Very fast and the screen lighting is a noticeable improvement. Still using an Otterbox Defender.

I've had the new SE for several weeks now. It's met my exceptions. Apple gave me $80 bucks for my aging 6s that I traded-in so $319 plus tax out-the door for a new iPhone with the latest chip set is a great value in my opinion. I'm not into spending tons of money on the latest tech so this fit the bill for me perfectly. It's of course much faster than my old 6s and with a better camera and pretty good battery life too. Also, really nice we can tap into an already saturated iPhone 8 accessory market for cheap cases and screen covers. My case of choice is the Magpul Bump Case.

We ordered one for my wife to replace an iPhone 6s. It's getting a bit slow and the battery dies fairly quickly, despite having replaced it 2 yrs ago. She hates face ID do the touch ID is a real plus, plus dual SIM capability is pretty awesome for traveling. All of the other Apple phones are too large.

Originally Posted by 55Test
Looking to upgrade from my aging LG G6 at the end of August. It's starting to struggle in some apps and the fingerprint reader/power button is beginning to randomly fail to read my fingerprint. I'm slightly intrigued by the new iPhone SE. The A13 cpu looks to be surprisingly powerful and the 3gb of ram, which on an Android device might be something to worry about, shouldn't be an issue due to Apple's much better memory management. The single lens camera shouldn't be an issue to me as I don't too often take pictures anyway. The main thing that's pulling me over to the Apple side is, as far as I can gather, the 5+ year software support for OS upgrades and such. Also I've read that Apple takes your data security more seriously than various Android devices. I've been an Android devotee for almost a decade but even I have to admit that software support even on top-tier devices usually stops after the 3rd year.

One issue I might have with something like the iPhone SE is the smaller screen. I'm not getting any younger and my eyesight certainly isn't getting any better so I'm wondering how my eyes would deal with the smaller, lower-resolution screen as compared to my current phone

Seriously, get a bigger screen. You will thank yourself.

My wife had old SE and now the new SE 128gb model. Its really fast, takes good pictures, just a solid budget phone. Really incredible for the money.

Back