Breville Smart Oven fan noise

It seems common that after about two years the fan gets noisy and may stop working. I understand the fan is moving very hot air. A tough thing to do.

I contacted Breville and for about $160 I can return the oven and they will fix it. I think a new oven is $200 or a little more.

They do not sell the fan and neither do the online places that sell appliance parts.

Ideas?

We love this smart oven and use it to cook everything. Our main oven is used one day a year, on Thanksgiving.

Somebody somewhere makes that fan- you may need things like dimension, CFM power etc. but someone will be able to get it or a generic fan that has all the attributes.

It probably fits a host of similar applications too.

Get the data and start hunting. Try some electronic supply houses and generic appliance repair and see if they can "match it up" because many have cross reference guides.

That fan is very difficult to get to. My Breville started making the same noise and about 2 mos later the display started blinking and flickering, it would reset in the middle of cooking or just go crazy flashing lights and display. I tried to get to the fan and the control bd because I thought it was a loose connection. Some of the screws are buried deep in areas where you need special tools to get to them. I too loved this oven when it worked but have since found out that control bd and fan problems have been a real issue and like you found out its cheaper to buy new than repair. I wont be buying another Breville, no matter how nice they are for a $250 toaster oven they should last more than 2 years.

I have a convection toaster oven and although it has a fan, I practically always use it on a fan-off mode because it runs flat out full power and gets things done faster. This is acceptable because it's tall enough to put some space between food and heating elements, wouldn't work as well in a shallow oven. Point being you could use a mode that doesn't run the fan or unplug it and see how it does without a fan.

You could try lubing the bearings (probably bushings) but by now the wear has probably already happened so amount of time running well vs relube interval will be poor... something to keep in mind if you get a new fan, that it may need periodically relubed to keep working long term. It's a shame that manufacturers can't bother spending more on fans since they are a clear wear item that's factored into the warranty length.

Originally Posted by Donald
Originally Posted by adamsoil
Yep and this is pretty much the state of bob is the oil guy now

We are all old and noisy?

Yes and stuck in your ways you old farts
smirk.gif

Back