AMSOIL 10w-30 (3) adv. & dis.?

Comparing (3) AMSOIL 10w-30 for Outdoor Power Equipment

Pro and Cons of:
- 10w-30 ASE (Small Engine oil)
- 10w-30 ATM (Sig. Series)
- 10w-30 ZRT (Z-Rod)

I am currently using ASE, however, none of the equipment has a wet clutch. I understand that ASE lacks some kind of friction additive? so that it is wet clutch compatible.

Being used in Pressure Washer, Honda EU2000i, mowers, etc. Would I be better served with the ATM or ZRT oil? All are air cooled and none have a oil filter.

Last edited:
ASE is what I use and continue to in my OPE no I would not switch to any of them others listed and nothing to gain.

?? My zero turn mower valls for 20w50 motor oil for my hydro gears. Would like to use Castro 5w40 fully synthetic. Would this be wise. Ty in advance

Originally Posted by dave123
ASE is what I use and continue to in my OPE no I would not switch to any of them others listed and nothing to gain.

Me, too.

Originally Posted by polly
?? My zero turn mower valls for 20w50 motor oil for my hydro gears. Would like to use Castro 5w40 fully synthetic. Would this be wise. Ty in advance

No.

I'm not an Amsoil fan boy, but they make a special 20w-50 for zero turn hydro transmissions. That is what I use.

I have used ASE for over a decade in all my small engines that call for sae30 or 10w30.
I have found it to be a very robust oil, keeps my engines spotless inside, and takes the heat well and doesnt burn off.
Use it with confidence!

Back