Returning a blower to Amazon

Amazon offers a wide selection of handheld/backpack gas blowers, from junk MTDs to Husqvarnas. The obviously have had defective/problem units, but my question is, how would one go about returning one? Amazon doesn't take anything back that's flammable/gasoline related (including most spray paints). What if some schmo buys it and can't get it started?

I wouldn't buy stuff like that from Amazon unless it's a tremendous deal. I've bought a half dozen gas powered water pumps from them over the last few years. They get beat up in shipping and Amazon won't take them back even if never gassed up. It wasn't a big deal for me because I got them for 50-75% off but I wouldn't be happy paying close to retail.

I have not found MTD or yardman to be junk in the past - Found them to be GREAT.
PLUS they build most all of the other Premium brands mid tier line.

I have a 25 year old Black&Decker electric blower that is working fine - as long as you don't use the mulch and bag vacuum option.

But, Why would you EVER buy a gasoline engined blower from Amazon when you have a physical store near you?

Why would you buy ANYTHING from Amazon that is carried at a physical store near you?

Do you like paying tens of billions of dollars for unemployed Americans ?

Wake the *&&%^% UP!
---------------

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CT8
Why are you posting , call Amazon,

Beat me too it.

Originally Posted by hatt
I wouldn't buy stuff like that from Amazon unless it's a tremendous deal. I've bought a half dozen gas powered water pumps from them over the last few years. They get beat up in shipping and Amazon won't take them back even if never gassed up. It wasn't a big deal for me because I got them for 50-75% off but I wouldn't be happy paying close to retail.

I bought a quincy air compressor from Northern a few years ago.. They put it on a pallet,put a box over it and shipped it. No straps to hold it to the pallet! It fell over,rolled around and got severly scratched up.

I was pretty upset.

I called and told them that I wanted another that was not beat up in shipping. I was not asking for a discount as I had paid a fair price for a quality tool and it got damaged in shipping..

They started offering me a discount on it. They ended up refunding me $200 if I would keep.it instead of hassling a return.

So I put the worst side against the wall. I still have it. It is this one.
https://m.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200612353_200612353

Several years ago I ordered a power wheels jeep off Amazon for my kids Christmas present. When it finally arrived it was damaged. I called Amazon and they emailed me disposal recommendations and refunded my money. They wouldn't accept it as a return due to the lead acid battery. After I examined the damage I decided to keep it.

I bought a Tanaka extended hedge trimmer off Amazon. Price was better than anything I could find locally. Arrived in one piece and no one sells that brand locally.

Amazon will take of it. Get in touch with them.

I generally limit all my purchases to Prime.

I buy local, in case i need to return. You can order through lowes or home depot, they have more online than whats in the store.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Chris142
Maybe they refer you to a local small engine shop?

That's exactly what happens.

However, I purchase all my small equipment from the local shop, have them service it and start it up. Ensuring it runs correctly. Amazon does not offer much of a discount on name brand professional equipment.

I bought a quincy air compressor from Northern a few years ago.. They put it on a pallet,put a box over it and shipped it. No straps to hold it to the pallet! It fell over,rolled around and got severly scratched up.

I was pretty upset.

I called and told them that I wanted another that was not beat up in shipping. I was not asking for a discount as I had paid a fair price for a quality tool and it got damaged in shipping..

They started offering me a discount on it. They ended up refunding me $200 if I would keep.it instead of hassling a return.

You both ended up okay on that deal.

They'll send you an RMA and they'll deduct the shipping cost from your refund assuming it's within the sellers return policy and it hasn't been used. A lot of places don't take returns on gas ope.

Originally Posted by hatt

I was pretty upset.

I bought an air compressor many years ago from Northern. Maybe 1985. By mistake they shipped a two stage compressor. I thought of returning it for the single stage I had ordered.

Back