New Milwaukee surge

I broke down and bought the babe the new m18 1/4" hex hydraulic drive Impact for use in the kitchen.
She didn't think it would work for whipping taters so I took it to the shop.
Man that is a different animal. Super smooth and quiet.
Much better trigger speed control than my brushless Dewalt and it has a torque feature that will come in handy for LSx assembly. I think this feature was designed for the hvac guys so they don't strip out the little 1/4" drive sheet metal screws. Should work real well for running bolts down but not applying much torque.
Any one else tried one of these yet?
The dude st my local tool store sold me the complete kit for $299.99 real pleased!
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
I've used the Milwaukee Fuel for about 5-6 years now without any problems. I've got the drill and the impact and I use them hard daily. I think you'll be happy.

Originally Posted by P10crew
I broke down and bought the babe the new m18 1/4" hex hydraulic drive Impact for use in the kitchen.

I'm going to use this scam first chance I get! Well played
thumbsup2.gif

Nice! I can't play with my wife like that as she loves doing wood work....Only chick I know with a Router, Brad Nailer & a Compound Miter Radial Arm Saw!

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Originally Posted by P10crew

I'm going to use this scam first chance I get! Well played
thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, she needs a new 12 ga over and under too ðŸ§

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
I thought it was another Covid thread!

phew!

Not going to be any of that .
I've been hangin at the bullet for the last 5 weeks or so. I've had enough of certain mods deleting threads and then allowing the same S to go on. It's their site they can and do what ever they want. Meanwhile I'm out of here and pretty much just lurk any more.

I am an HVAC guy and the surge is great for driving those sheetmetal screws. Right at the moment I use a 12V Makita with adjustable torque for light screw driving and medium duty driving. I also have a standard M18 impact for heavy work. The only reason I don't have a surge, is it's not quite as powerful and the std M18, and it's not as light as the Makita 12v, so it doesn't fit my needs. They are a great tool though. 90% of the time, I don't need max torque, I need at least some control. Now if someone would just make a 12v hydraulic that is not quite as powerful as a normal 12v, that would be the ticket for HVAC. Then again, I have a Hercules 12v screwdriver with a clutch that is pretty near a great tool.

Back