KZ1300 Engine

What could be done with this beast? I'm looking for a project that will be unique, take up all my spare time and money, and will kill me.

kz1300.jpg

Might be too heavy for that. I remember when Malibu Grand Prix had these little formula style cars with a centrifugal clutch. A bit beefier than a cart.

Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
What could be done with this beast? I'm looking for a project that will be unique, take up all my spare time and money, and will kill me.

You could put it in the beater Kawi Concours project you bought yesterday! Masochist much?

I'll do some measurements, if feasible will obtain another frame for the project Might even bolt up to the stock driveshaft. Of course the lower fairing will have to go. GPz1300

Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
I'll do some measurements, if feasible will obtain another frame for the project Might even bolt up to the stock driveshaft. Of course the lower fairing will have to go. GPz1300

Be realistic. You'd go through all that work to make a bike that will handle poorly and be slower than a stock Kawasaki GPz 900 from the Reagan era.
If you don't have fabrication and welding skills, do yourself a favor and get rid of it.
It's not worth risking being in a wheelchair or having a limp for the rest of your life to ride the stupid thing.

Build up an engine stand and polish it often. The engine will be a work of art.

Let me think; project must be unique, take up all your time and money, and will kill you.

I'm thinking homebuilt aircraft. Maybe a replica of the GeeBee. That thing killed almost every pilot that ever flew it. (Engine shape is wrong, though.)

What about finding a KZ 1300 that needs an engine? Seems the best purpose for that engine is in the bike.
grin2.gif

With that said, lumberjack competitions just might be making a comeback as the most popular sport in the United States during these trying times. You would clean up with that thing swinging a big blade!

Originally Posted by CT8
Build up an engine stand and polish it often. The engine will be a work of art.

Barring putting it back into a bike designed for that engine, this is my suggestion.

I think it's better suited for a "T-Rex" kind of project. The are considered motorcycles, are fairly easy to register and are really fun in the right situation "tooling around town".

[Linked Image from images.buysellsearch.com]

Last edited:
Back