First oil change ever I did

I've suffered from sciatic nerve pain for so long that getting under to change oil is tough. With new medication and a little motivation I was able to push through and get it done. Kinda miss doing it. Used Napa Gold, prefilled/primed with lubegard biotech. Mobil 1 0w30 & 5w30 at almost 1 :1. Sitting at 331,xxx, going in this week for another castrol transmax cvt fluid change, new headlight bulbs, and tire rotation. Saved over 20.00 doing my own change. Feels good!!

IMG_20200515_163908_331.jpg

IMG_20200515_163943_921.jpg

DSC_0102.JPG

DSC_0104.JPG

DSC_0105.JPG

DSC_0106.JPG

Who would ever think that changing one's own oil could be one of those simple pleasures in life? No need to answer BITOG Nation.

Thanks for sharing Marco620!!!! You gave me my "smile for the day".

Originally Posted by doitmyself
Who would ever think that changing one's own oil could be one of those simple pleasures in life? No need to answer BITOG Nation.

Thanks for sharing Marco620!!!! You gave me my "smile for the day".

Agree 100%

kinda like people cutting their own grass....lot of people would rather die (including me) than have someone else do it.

always good to be able to do it yourself. Then you know it was done right

Sciatic nerve pain can be a [censored]!! I'm glad you were able to do an oil change again.
thumbsup2.gif

New meds and perseverance paid off. I thought I had owned a few with high miles but nothing like yours.

Last edited:
kinda like people cutting their own grass....lot of people would rather die (including me) than have someone else do it.

I felt the same until it got to the point where I just might die if I mowed my own yard.....enjoy it while you can.

Thats a lot of miles on a 5 yr old vehicle.
Sciatic pain sucks. I have only had 1 bad bout with it and a few minor ones. Only thing worse was a kidney stone that would not pass on it's own.
Glad you found something that is working for you.

Originally Posted by CR94
Is that the world record for miles on a CVT?

I was wondering the same thing.

Originally Posted by tundraotto

I am not against someone else cutting my grass, I am just too cheap to pay them.

I know what it's like to have to get motivated into doing something like this. I'm disabled and have chronic back pain from a construction injury 20 years ago and it often takes me a week or more to feel like doing an oil change after I decide it needs to be done. I usually feel a little better after finally getting out and doing it, it's just motivating myself to get out and do it. I used to like mowing my own grass, not so much anymore. My next door neighbor has been doing most my mowing for me this spring.

Originally Posted by blupupher
Thats a lot of miles on a 5 yr old vehicle.
Sciatic pain sucks. I have only had 1 bad bout with it and a few minor ones. Only thing worse was a kidney stone that would not pass on it's own.
Glad you found something that is working for you.

Originally Posted by CR94
Is that the world record for miles on a CVT?

I was wondering the same thing.

Originally Posted by tundraotto

I am not against someone else cutting my grass, I am just too cheap to pay them.

Just as long as your not cutting the grass on Sunday. Its a day of rest!

Back