Got Sheds

4WD

$50 site donor 2024
My wife always gets the names of our sheds confused … guess since I built and named them.
What do you call your sheds ? … I'll go first:
Garden shed
Firewood shed
Lumber shed
Mower shed
Fire pit shed
Boat shed
Cook shed
Potting shed is next … she will know that one !

I just have one, so I refer to it as "the shed".
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Inspecktor
I'm in the doghouse shed.

HaHa … hate to admit my old dog kennel has become a storage shed … should say "got junk"

That's a lot of sheds. I have a garden shed and a OPE shed. There's a third on my property, but it's falling apart. Well, the roof is still leak-free, but the rest of it is in poor shape. It's my "junk" shed.

Originally Posted by Barkleymut
I have a 2 car garage, wish I had a shed.

I have a shed, wish I had a 2 car garage! (As well!
grin.gif
)

Seems like you could have consolidated to fewer, larger sheds, and both saved on materials and on maintenance.

Why is there a fire pit in a shed? Smoking meat?

Well some are where they get used or where it's safer. The mower shed is where I mow, and keep lawn related supples … Plus also where I can store gasoline a maximum distance from the house.
The fire pit Itself is all steel and cost $450 … so a simple shed protects it. It's also on the north side and has a back (now covered in English Ivy) plus the roof taming the hardest north wind, yet taking the smoke away from the swings we sit in. It's a metal roof …
I have also sat through rain pinging on that roof while I burned some oak, a plentiful wood here …
Really nice watching the fire as the rain pounds the pool (or it's just the ðŸ·)

… other reasons for small separate sheds? I work alone … do them el cheapo

But to your point, wish I'd of bought some land and a big building … but I don't have a mortgage either …
(and they love property tax in Texas) …

No HOA for me … but mine are not very noticeable since mostly cedar fence material and a low/flat roof … Lots of landscaping and trees …
Have privacy fence on three sides and one neighbor … and we don't share a fence … so double privacy fence there with my land between

I need to get one. Although... before last winter I gave in and got a 10x10 tarp one for HF. It's full already, so I could use a 10x20.

But I know that if I build a 10x20 (or whatever is a nice round size) ... it'll be full before long. What is it that they say about sheds? build twice as large as you think, and then round up?

Back