looking hydraulic fluid for a vovlo ec210c iso 46 any type ?

Originally Posted by Fred_Garvin
As you were told on that forum Volvo specs an ISO VG 46 hyd. oil with a minimum VI of 160.

i know is anyone running anything like this ? brand? was it worth the added cost ? is it just for cold weather ?

It is more about higher viscosity and improved film thickness at operating temp, than cold flow properties. The oil they recommend is more like a multi-grade hydraulic oil, ISO 46 cold viscosity and ISO 68 when hot. Have you checked the price of oil at the dealership? It may not be much different than the price at a distributor. Mobil DTE10 is a good aftermarket substitute.

You are going to need 40-45 gal. so I would shop around for a 55 gallon drum. Prices are likely to be better that way.

Last edited:
I just had the mobile mechanic come out to work on the excavator he's going to get me a price on the hydraulic fluid but he told me flat out I'd be better off getting it from somewhere else.

I will look at the Mobil DTE10 I've also looked at two of the Schaeffers line Of hydraulic fluid it seem like more money but it might be worth it in the long run.

I pulled a hydraulic sample and everything looks pretty good other than the insoluble solids just from normal wear of 6 to 7000 hours on the oil.

Originally Posted by Fred_Garvin
It is more about higher viscosity and improved film thickness at operating temp, than cold flow properties. The oil they recommend is more like a multi-grade hydraulic oil, ISO 46 cold viscosity and ISO 68 when hot. Have you checked the price of oil at the dealership? It may not be much different than the price at a distributor. Mobil DTE10 is a good aftermarket substitute.

You are going to need 40-45 gal. so I would shop around for a 55 gallon drum. Prices are likely to be better that way.

Holy smokes. Maybe TSC isn't the best place buying this. Lol.

Most major oil jobbers should be able to cross reference the application to a quality produce.

Back