Valvoline MST now Valvoline European Vehicle

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Napa is advertising MST 5w40 for $5/qt so I paid them a visit. When he brought out the box. It was the one below. He said they no longer send the MST brand, only this. I bought 2 (6qt) boxes.

15893924620208835576186556785246.jpg

20200513_133705.jpg

20200513_133725.jpg

20200513_133713.jpg

And they still can't properly word the Mercedes-Benz approval language. Usually companies try to obfuscate when they don't have an approval, but here they do have the approval but don't word it correctly on the label.

I'd love to give this oil a shot in my 2918 MB DI 4 cyl. As others have pointed out though, they seem to have missed a few key requirements. I'd say it's a no-go for me. Like the price however!
Staying with Ravenol for now.

Nice deal. I ran it once for 7800 miles (mid saps version) and it seemed just fine, but I didn't UOA it. For 5 bucks a quart I'd put it in the Tiguan in a heartbeat. I just may I have an OCI coming up in that one and need some stuff from Napa anyway.

Originally Posted by KCJeep
Nice deal. I ran it once for 7800 miles (mid saps version) and it seemed just fine, but I didn't UOA it. For 5 bucks a quart I'd put it in the Tiguan in a heartbeat. I just may I have an OCI coming up in that one and need some stuff from Napa anyway.

It just feels better than when on 0w20. To me at least. And you guys know I've never been one of the "thick" oil crew here...

20200513_142647.jpg

Originally Posted by Danno
I would want to see SN+ and Dexos1 gen2 ratings for any DI or Turbo engine NA use.
Probably not happening with a 5W-40.

LOL. Yeah, it is DEFINIATELY not happening, bcs. it is not possible.

I bought Valvoline MST once when it was on clearance at Walmart … strange part was they did not carry it to start with …
Just don't see it here …
Longtime user of MaxLife ATF and 140 gear oil though …

Last edited:
Originally Posted by edyvw
Originally Posted by Danno
I would want to see SN+ and Dexos1 gen2 ratings for any DI or Turbo engine NA use.
Probably not happening with a 5W-40.
LOL. Yeah, it is DEFINIATELY not happening, bcs. it is not possible.

The SN PLUS is possible but not the dexos 1 gen 2 license.

Thanks for the tip on the sale wemay, just picked up a 6 pack for the Tiguan.

I'm sure VW has tested the 508 stuff ad nauseum, but to me a German car should have a 40 grade, especially if it's a turbo.

Back