Junkyard Giraffe Tail Oil?

Victoria, the Giraffe from Victoria Falls is having rust on her tail. When she arrived from Africa it seemed she was coated with a heavy coat of some type of oil. I guess they missed a few spots. I am fresh out of Giraffe Tail oil. Can you recommend a worthy substitute?

I want to thank those that guided me in setting up this Giraffe. She has 3 footings and 660 lbs of concrete I hand poured in one day. Now my battle is rust.

Mission Impossible the Giraffe

Rusty Giraffe Tail.jpg

Originally Posted by Oldtom
Fluid Film. Artwork of that caliber is worth 50 bucks at Napa Auto
smirk2.gif

Fluid Film sounds promising for protection. My concern is reviews indicating it had a terrible smell. Would prefer a tail that does not smell. It is in an area where smell matters.

kstanf150, I bought that before Giraffe arrived. It has oil on it most of the metal. I was thinking enamel would not stick and to remove oil would be a big project?

True the spray would not stick

Any idea what kind of oil is on there now ?

Last edited:
When I was a kid in the country we just used motor oil to coat tools after use to prevent rust. I am not sure it could be that simple with the giraffe. It seems to be well oiled. Just the tail and another spot I noticed rust on the outside.

A month or so ago, i bought some weatherpruf from Kano labs ( They make Kreen). It is supposed to prevent corrosion for a year. I tried it on a crummy wrench and its really gummy, too gummy for tools. Had almost a thin pine rosin consistency. If there is no one touching it, it should work.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by R1jake
Woolwax is a thicker version of fluid film with hardly any smell. Get a can and try it out.

Sounds promising. Reviews say it works better than fluid film without all the odor. I will run it past the boss tomorrow.

Thanks for all the ideas!

Originally Posted by MONKEYMAN
Originally Posted by Oldtom
Fluid Film. Artwork of that caliber is worth 50 bucks at Napa Auto
smirk2.gif

Fluid Film sounds promising for protection. My concern is reviews indicating it had a terrible smell. Would prefer a tail that does not smell. It is in an area where smell matters.

Tails are always in areas that smell!

Last edited:
Back