Champ oil filter

I ordered ac/delco oil filters for my Gmc and smart from rock auto and bought one champ filter it was $1.40 so thought I would chance it lol but is it a good filter?

Originally Posted by blufeb95
There's a possibility that it's almost Identical to the AC delco, doesn't champ make AC delco filters.

Yes, my PF64 is a Ecore design.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Originally Posted by blufeb95
There's a possibility that it's almost Identical to the AC delco, doesn't champ make AC delco filters.

Yes, my PF64 is a Ecore design.

Try AC Delco UPR64 it's a better built filter

I avoided supertech filters (champ) because I was unsure about the bypass. Does Rock auto specify the bypass? GM had a TSB on this and Fram updated their part number for the PF64 equivalent. The ACDelco PF64 i know for sure uses the 22 psi bypass so I went with that. Theres a $1.50 rebate for that too. The PF64 is probably not worth $6.46 but the car is new and not bad after rebate.

Last edited:
You want the PH10063 with the 22 lb bypass for your Sierra. The PH10075 fits, but it's the 14 lb bypass.

I've used Champ filters for years on my old Colorado and my S70, always with great success. Once my stash of Premium Guard PG2500s is used up, I'll order more Champs for my Sierra.

Last edited:
Do you mean the Fram 10575? The 10575 has been been updated without a part number change. If it's new stock it will have have the 22 psi bypass. Apparently you can check the color of the bypass valve to verify. With a flashlight look down the center of the filter. If it's old stock you will see a black plastic bypass valve at the bottom. If it's new stock you will see a white plastic bypass valve. White is right.
smile.gif

Last edited:
White is the newer … up to spec
I posted the old version pic in 6.2L thread

Originally Posted by dadto2
You want the PH10063 with the 22 lb bypass for your Sierra. The PH10075 fits, but it's the 14 lb bypass.

I've used Champ filters for years on my old Colorado and my S70, always with great success. Once my stash of Premium Guard PG2500s is used up, I'll order more Champs for my Sierra.

Too late to edit my post, but I typo'd the old Champ filter number. The old filter with 14 psi bypass is PH10575.

Yeah … it's in my head since the XG10575 stash on my shelf are 5 years old (bought an eBay dozen) … gave some to BiL for his F150 … and just used one for the short side run when I put in my 5k spike oil.

I've used Champ filters with no problems, but they do look to be a really cheap alternative. The ST filters, at least for my vehicles and OPE look to be of a different build quality even though they are made by Champion labs, which I assume is the same manufacturer.

Well, don't they have a broad lineup … from SuperTech to Royal Purple etc …

When I search PF64 for competitor part number on fram.com it shows the following. Same thing comes up when I put 2020 Chevrolet Equinox.

EXTRA GUARD SPIN-ON OIL FILTER
PH12060

PRODUCT SPECS
Height 3.33
Inside Diameter 22mm x 1.5
Outside Diameter 3.00
Anti-Drainback Valve YES
By-Pass Valve Setting 19-25 PSI
Turning Specification 3/4 Turn after gasket contact
Base Gasket I.D. 2.45
Base Gasket O.D. 2.75
Base Gasket Thickness

Looks like 10575 is for the V6 up to 2017.

Last edited:
Back