Warranty a snap-on screwdriver

How does a home DIYer replace a snap-on screwdriver under warranty?

I have a comfort-grip set. One the phlips screwdrivers finally chipped away, making it useless.

I tried to go on their website but nothing helpful. No more tech friends around to help me get things swapped out.

https://shop.snapon.com/help under "Warranty Personal Product Use"

"Warranty Personal Product Use

Customers buying Product for personal use can obtain the Product warranty information by calling the Snap-on Customer Care Center via telephone at 1-877-762-7664 or e-mail [email protected]. During the applicable duration of the applicable personal use warranty, at its option, Snap-on will repair or replace its Products which fail to meet the personal use warranty standards, or provide a refund by repaying or crediting Customer with an amount equal to the purchase price of such Products. Repair, replacement or refund shall be at the election and expense of Snap-on, and is Customer's exclusive remedy in place of all other rights and remedies. This warranty only extends to the original Customer and cannot be transferred or assigned. To obtain warranty service contact the Snap-on Customer Care Center via telephone at 1-877-762-7664 or e-mail [email protected]. The following information will be required with the customer's warranty request: (1) date and proof of purchase, (2) where customer purchased the product, (3) full name, (4) shipping address, (5) phone number, (6) e-mail address, (7) item number(s) or approximate weight of return package. Warranty requests that do not include all of the required information will not be processed. Once the warranty request is validated, the customer will be provided an RGA number and will be sent a shipping label either electronically thru e-mail or thru the U.S. mail, and must ship the product to Snap-on. Upon receipt of the product, the warranty claim will be reviewed and the product will be inspected. If the warranty request is found to be valid, the product will be repaired and returned to the customer or a replacement product or refund will be shipped to the customer. If the warranty claims is found to be invalid, the original product will be returned to the customer. By repairing or replacing a Product, or providing a refund, Snap-on does not waive a claim that a Product nevertheless has been subject to abnormal use. You can obtain further information regarding the personal use warranty by writing: Snap-on Tools Company LLC, Consumer Warranty Information Center, 2801 - 80th Street, Kenosha, Wisconsin 53143. This address cannot be used to obtain warranty service. Any product mailed to this address will be returned.

If you choose not to (1) use a carrier that offers tracking or (2) insure or declare the full value of the product, you will be responsible for any loss or damage to the product during shipping. Replacement or refund will not be issued unless a valid proof of delivery can be provided."

car dealer service have been open here in pa ...snap on trucks are there certain days of the week I do have a few snap on wrenches etc and if something goes south I just find the snap on truck and never had a problems getting a new wrench etc...

It's always been my understanding they could even come by your house when they're going between shops and dealerships. Could very well be driver dependent too? Not sure.

I took my friend's "skipping ratchet handle" to the Snap-On truck which I saw regularly at a Chevy dealership.

The S-O fellow, Chris, had to look up the guts kit. He thanked me and ordered 2 of them.

When the parts were delivered he popped out the old and installed the new. 'Twas a 2 minute job.

Those Snap-On trucks are cool.

I have several Snap-on tools in my box that are broke and need replaced, been wondering how it would work myself now that I'm not at a shop turning wrenches every day. My box is still loaded and sets in my home shop...

I chase down the tool truck when I need warranty . The reps have always taken care of me like I am one of their best customer.

To racin4ds: See if a Google search gives you the names of local Snap-On guys and call 'em.

Or go to any clean looking dealership and ask the service manager when or if the Snap-On truck comes around.

Originally Posted by Kira
To racin4ds: See if a Google search gives you the names of local Snap-On guys and call 'em.

Or go to any clean looking dealership and ask the service manager when or if the Snap-On truck comes around.

Try calling the parts department. I am always going on the SnapOn truck when he comes on Friday.

Make sure when you go on the truck to check out the latest propaganda, they usually have some cool BOGO deals going on. We jokingly call it propaganda because when a few of us here worked at the Sears Auto Center they would confiscate the SnapOn and MATCO sales fliers, unless of course they were in our toolboxes which are private property.

When I used to do field service I was almost never at the shop when the Snap On truck came. Usually I would leave a warranty tool with my brother or my dad to get taken care of. If I saw a truck stopped at a shop and I needed something bad, I would stop and wait til he was done with the guys at that stop and go on and do business. Not one guy ever minded.

Ask whatever shop you use when the snapon man shows up. I have already had customers ask me if I could have something warrantied for them of if I could order them something and have always taken care of it for them. Reason being is that I spend enough money on the tool truck that it is in the dealers best interest to take care of my needs. A dealer might give you hassle about something questionable needing repair/replacement but wont hassle me

I just broke a couple of 3/8" ratchets , my fault too. I sent an email to [email protected]. I received a reply the next day, asked me a few pertinent questions, and sent me kits UPS at n/c to repair them. Nice complete kits too, replace the entire internals. It might have been a bigger process to send the whole ratchet in, but it was a whole lot easier and less hassle then I thought it would be.

Snap-on before I worked at a shop would come by my house they would send the local guy who is now my Snap-on guy at the dealership same with Matco and Mac they will come to your house. All the Snap-on stuff I have had to get warrantied is stuff I got that was already broke or broke but I’m not the original owner they haven’t ever questioned or anything and have always got warranty so no complaints.

Back