What do you put on your steak?

My teeth.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by bbhero
Atypical of most white guys...

I use a blend of Soul seasoning, blackened Cajun seasoning, cracked black pepper, minced onion. And Lea and Perrins while it cooked via convection on high high indirect heat in my charcoal grill... And sometimes I even add a lot of organic brown sugar to the steak too... With all of the above as well... It's extremely good.

I like seasonings... Flavor.... Some flash.
. ^^ I like flavor as well....of the steak! In a blind taste test between a fine ribeye and a big chunk of Spam with all these "seasonings" slathered on each, it seems to me it would be extremely difficult to tell the two apart!
37.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by gman2304
Originally Posted by bbhero
Atypical of most white guys...

I use a blend of Soul seasoning, blackened Cajun seasoning, cracked black pepper, minced onion. And Lea and Perrins while it cooked via convection on high high indirect heat in my charcoal grill... And sometimes I even add a lot of organic brown sugar to the steak too... With all of the above as well... It's extremely good.

I like seasonings... Flavor.... Some flash.
. ^^ I like flavor as well....of the steak! In a blind taste test between a fine ribeye and a big chunk of Spam with all these "seasonings" slathered on each, it seems to me it would be extremely difficult to tell the two apart!
37.gif

Yeah typical white guy answer.... And I'm white as all get out...

lol.gif

And I'd bet you huge money.... A steak with a good day rub vs what you think is so great....

I'd win that bet everyday and twice on Sunday....

Guarantee that.... take that to the bank... To the house...

Guarantee win... For a steak with a great day rub put on it...

I have cooked for a lot of people and all types of people.... And that's an easy win....

Last edited:
Seriously...

You are thinking of someone adding a crud ton of seasoning on a steak... Aka a whole whole lot of it...

I don't do that....

A little actually goes a long way....

My dad actually helped me with that 20 years ago... My dad was a typical old white guy who liked stuff a certain way. And I introduced him to some seasoning dry rub with a steak. And I got the balance he really liked right... He went from a plain steak guy to one who really really liked a touch of seasoning with it. I really enjoyed cooking for him... He helped me get better with it.. I miss him... And miss cooking for him. Strange... Amazing just thinking of this and typing this it gets to me.... Out of the blue...

If you were to come to my area...

My lady and I would gladly make you either a dinner with porterhouse, NY strip or ribeye... The way you want it... And I mean that 100%.. . Just let me know you are in my area...

I'd be very happy and honored to make you and yours dinner.

My suggestion for you would be the following...

I would make you a steak with just a touch of fresh cracked pepper, a touch of fresh cracked sea salt and if you wanted a bit of Kerry Gold butter on it..

I would also make one my typical way... And give you a sample... See what you think... You might be surprised.

Last edited:
Back