REC 90

My local station just mentioned that they are going to carry REC 90. that was a new one on me: 90 octane, ethanol-free fuel (for recreational vehicles)

A local gas station has it. I'll put it in my cars whenever I'm filling up the cans for the lawn equipment, but usually, it's priced significantly higher than 93. I'll usually fill the cans and then top up the car. My TL does get better mileage out of it, but not to the point it is more cost-effective than 89 or 93.

Last edited:
I usually put a gallon of no alcohol in my car or truck tank first, then fill my tanks. No residual alcohol that way. Or if filling the 5 gallon I just fill it first, then fill any 2T tank. I try to have minimum alcohol in my 2T tanks. The old lawnboy carb and tank plastic are swelled already. Had the heat stake the jets in the carb. My rider will not suffer from the 5 gallon having a hose worth of 10% alcohol.
Rod

They carry 88 Rec fuel all over here in Florida and right now its $.05 cheaper than regular 87 E10! I run it in my wifes car and all my OPE!

Originally Posted by racin4ds
They carry 88 Rec fuel all over here in Florida and right now its $.05 cheaper than regular 87 E10! I run it in my wifes car and all my OPE!

Are you sure that's not E15? I've haven't seen 88 octane E0 here. It's Rec90, or 89 octane at WaWa.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by hatt
Originally Posted by racin4ds

Are you sure that's not E15? I've haven't seen 88 octane E0 here. It's Rec90, or 89 octane at WaWa.

We have REC 87/89/91 grades here

90 has been dead since 2008, would love to see cheap e15 90 octane though, it's frustrating having sky hi premium prices.

Locally 90 rec fuel is $3.99. Unleaded 87 is as low as $1.79, but generally $1.99. Twice the price ain't worth it for automotive use.

Last edited:
The Sunoco closest to me has rec 90, and I use it in all my carbureted small engine stuff.
Just filled up my cans tonight actually, and it was $2.79 for rec90 vs $2.15 for 87 with 10% ethanol.

I also put a couple gallons in my truck first to make sure the ethanol laced gas in the hose is not going in my small engine cans.

Back