Elon Musk

A hot mess? Threatening to move Tesla from Ca to Texas or Nevada over the shutdown, suing the state of Ca, saying a few weeks ago he was going to sell all of his possessions, naming his and his baby mama child some weird name with a combination of numbers and letters "XAE A-12" or something to that effect. I heard it has something to do with a rocket and I've read that it translates to Kyle...IDK!
crazy2.gif

Last edited:
Since he threatened moving, several states will come up with incentives for him to move the plant to their state. And you can bet a high tax New England state wont win. Non politicians in Texas wont want it because they are afraid of the continued growth of people moving in who aren't like minded. Texas is where California was in the 80's and will take a left turn 8 years from now. Sucks.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Since he threatened moving, several states will come up with incentives for him to move the plant to their state. And you can bet a high tax New England state wont win. Non politicians in Texas wont want it because they are afraid of the continued growth of people moving in who aren't like minded. Texas is where California was in the 80's and will take a left turn 8 years from now. Sucks.

This.
Also I think Elon is a genius with mental issues.

Sometimes people use their kid's name for their password.
Elon named his kid after his password.

If Tesla leaves Fremont, he will lose the Silicon Valley talent base which fuels his company.
I discussed working for Tesla when they decided to code their own MRP software; Elon hates SAP. (So do I.)

And Fremont will hate to lose the tax base, not to mention the Tesla supporting companies.
It was bad when NUMMI closed which is a main reason Fremont offered Musk a ton of incentives at the time.
The plant was originally slated to be in North San Jose.

I don't think he is going anywhere.
Hang on for the ride.

Last edited:
My guess is halfway … he stays in Fremont, but will build outside of CA in the next few years when it's time to expand or support emerging manufacturing …

Maybe within an hours drive from Austin etc …

Heh, I like that, naming his kid after his password (if actually true).

I don't pay much attention to the news, so, I kinda sorta don't care. But I recall him having an episode like this a few years ago, and he blamed stress and sleeping pills? Who knows. Could be a well-calculated plan to see about lowering costs (taxes) or other business ends. Or just the results of a late night binge.

He needs to back up his tough talk with actions.

I personally doubt he will move. Elon has said a lot of things. A lot of promised production dates that come and go without being made.

I agree with Ws6. Elon is a genius. And he has serious mental issues. Perhaps it comes with the genius.

The A-12 part of it is homage to the A-12 aircraft that was an early version of the SR-71.

Maybe he's not all bad. I like the SR-71, too.

There are five established adopter categories, and while the majority of the general population tends to fall in the middle categories, it is still necessary to understand the characteristics of the target population. When promoting an innovation, there are different strategies used to appeal to the different adopter categories.

1. Innovators - These are people who want to be the first to try the innovation. They are venturesome and interested in new ideas. These people are very willing to take risks, and are often the first to develop new ideas. Very little, if anything, needs to be done to appeal to this population.
2. Early Adopters - These are people who represent opinion leaders. They enjoy leadership roles, and embrace change opportunities. They are already aware of the need to change and so are very comfortable adopting new ideas. Strategies to appeal to this population include how-to manuals and information sheets on implementation. They do not need information to convince them to change.
3. Early Majority - These people are rarely leaders, but they do adopt new ideas before the average person. That said, they typically need to see evidence that the innovation works before they are willing to adopt it. Strategies to appeal to this population include success stories and evidence of the innovation's effectiveness.
4. Late Majority - These people are skeptical of change, and will only adopt an innovation after it has been tried by the majority. Strategies to appeal to this population include information on how many other people have tried the innovation and have adopted it successfully.
5. Laggards - These people are bound by tradition and very conservative. They are very skeptical of change and are the hardest group to bring on board. Strategies to appeal to this population include statistics, fear appeals, and pressure from people in the other adopter groups.

It's easy to see that, while you could probably institutionalize Elon, he clearly fits into the first category, and liberal politicians almost exclusively fit into the fifth. Consumers fill the 2nd thru 4th categories.

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Sounds like some one coming un-glued .

I pay little / no attention to the rich and famous .

Unfortunately, the 'rich and famous' get a lot of 'airtime' by our biased mainstream media....especially when they take positions that the media support.
Their opinions are no better than mine....but I don't get to spout mine all over the media....

He's not moving. As I've said elsewhere: he's just a simulation whose future ancestors just want to see what an a-hole he was...
smile.gif

Originally Posted by pbm
Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Sounds like some one coming un-glued .

I pay little / no attention to the rich and famous .

Unfortunately, the 'rich and famous' get a lot of 'airtime' by our biased mainstream media....especially when they take positions that the media support.
Their opinions are no better than mine....but I don't get to spout mine all over the media....

Says guy uselessly [censored] on the internet...
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger
He's not moving. As I've said elsewhere: he's just a simulation whose future ancestors just want to see what an a-hole he was...
smile.gif

Yeah, except we're not in a simulation if you believe in the fractional quantum hall effect.

https://www.popsci.com/quantum-hall-computer-simulation/

https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/3/9/e1701758

It doesn't matter what I believe, it only matters what Elon believes...

Thanks for the links though...

Back