What are other uses for Type F Transmission Fluid

What other uses are there for type F transmission fluid other than power steering in my old explorer? I was given a few gallons of type F transmission fluid. It won't work in our Honda or 2019 F-150. Thought there might be other things I could use it for and ideas?

it cleans well. i use ot for teleflex cables in my boat. pump some down ther to loosen dried up grease and make steering much easier.

I think the mix for a good lubricate is automatic transmission fluid and acetone. I guess type F still qualifies as transmission fluid.

My Mazda specified Type F for the transaxle.
I've used it to thin #90 gear oil for use on bicycle chains.
I may have also used it in a hydraulic jack.

Torqueflite guys use it to firm up the shifts, maybe the Turbo 350/400 guys do to? Old school!

Is the following true?

Type F has "more texture" in it as Ford transmissions used bare metal plates instead of fiber-coated waffles. The metal plates would last longer because they wouldn't collide as hard due to said texture.

I was told this.

Type F had NO friction modifiers in it, thats why it is still used today for drag racing and guys wanting firm, solid shifts. Todays autos are for pansies that don't want to feel the shift at all, which results in major slippage every gear change which wears clutches and associated parts faster.

Great ideas thanks, I was looking at using it in a log splitter for hydraulic fluid bit it sounds like mixing the two isn't a good idea and don't really want to flush system completely

Back