Any place to buy a quart of cheap 2-cycle oil?

Menard's has quarts of Mystik JT-4 Sea & Snow for $3.49 (-11% store crdeit rebate) this week, many snowmobile forums seem to think it's as good or better than high performance synthetic 2-stroke oil.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Menard's has quarts of Mystik JT-4 Sea & Snow for $3.49 (-11% store crdeit rebate) this week, many snowmobile forums seem to think it's as good or better than high performance synthetic 2-stroke oil.

+1 This ran this oil for years in all my air cooled OPE you can't go wrong.

Originally Posted by dave123
Originally Posted by bullwinkle

+1 This ran this oil for years in all my air cooled OPE you can't go wrong.

I've used that oil as well, it also has the appropriate rating for air cooled OPE. Worked great, only thing I didn't like was the color. It's a weird brown color IIRC.

I always run 2- stroke oil from a motorcycle shop. Last quart I bought was Yamalube 2R. I think it was $9-10 a quart.

A quart will last a while for most people. It usually lasts me 2 years (Stihl trimmer, Small Stihl Chainsaw).

If you are looking for a $4-5/qt oil I'd use Supertech or STP oil.

used twc3 oi in ALL my equiptment except stil 4 mix for over 30 years . its works just fine. academy has great prices on 1 gal sizes

I tried the elcheapo off brand two stroke oil and my string trimmer ran rough . Went back to Stihl brand and it ran fine . Made a believer out of me .

I haven't seen anyone mention but have you looked on OfferUp or Facebook marketplace or craigslist? I add 2 stroke oil to my diesel cars and constantly pick up "cheap", new old stock or bunch of random cans of oil from people. My last haul was 3.5 gallons of different quarts of oils for $20. It included bunch of Napa bottles, some quicksilver and bunch of general brand oil that I wouldn't run in my 2 stroke equipment but perfectly fine for my diesel. I'm keeping quicksilver for my stihl stuff once I run out of stihl oil.

Back