Help with this C3 please.

I don't think so, Amsoil, Redline, and old school German Castrol have (or had in GC case,) a pour point below -60. -50 seems more in line with other 0w products that are Hydrocracked mineral or GTL based.

I'm guessing mostly group lll with a ration of PAO and maybe a small touch of ester. Can't find the sds......

It has no actual approvals nor licenses nor specifications that I can see. Is there nothing else available that might be actual C3 oil? I certainly doubt this one is, and I wouldn't use pour point as a viable substitute for ACEA C3.

You can see from the MSDS that it is 70-90% "highly refined mineral oil" so I doubt it has any PAO content.

There are so many oils available in the UK with manufacturer approvals so there isn't a good case to buy one that only claims to "meet the specifications" unless they are particularly cheap and the S&A oils are not particularly cheap.

If you plan ahead and keep your eye on EuroCarParts they often have deals for a day or two on the various approved Shell Helix Ultra GTL oils - make sure you use the discount code which you will find on their site or search the internet for a 50% code. I purchased some 0W-30 AV-L which is VW 504/507 approved for £2.49 per litre. Now that is a good price.

[Linked Image]

Hi Lads
Thanks for the replies. It would seem I am indeed over simplifying things. Thanks for helping though.

Nuttcase.
That is good price. I usually ignore eurocar parts as they always have these 'discount offers' and just use them to reduce the price to normal. You do seem to have got a bargain there though.

Back