Can the PL14619 Fit on a 2006 Atlima 3.5L

This has been kinda driving me nuts this evening.

I just got a 2006 Altima with the 3.5 Liter that seems to be running fine. However these engines are pretty brutal on oil and I happen to have a PL14619 that would function as an oversized filter for this vehicle.

I know that this filter can fit a 350X and an FX35 given the discussions here in the past. But the Altima has a lot of metal right around the oil filter housing and I'm not sure if this would work.

I'm going to be buying a stock one as well just in case. But has anyone here ever used the PL14619 for an Altima with the 3.5 Liter?

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by macarose
I just got a 2006 Altima with the 3.5 Liter that seems to be running fine. However these engines are pretty brutal on oil and I happen to have a PL14619 that would function as an oversized filter for this vehicle.

I think the oversize PureOne ("One") is the PL14610 ... at least it was for my 2004 Altima 3.3L V6.

If the mount is big enough you might be able to fit it but the appropriate filter has a gasket ID of ~2.218in and an OD of 2.485in, that filter you gave cross references to the Fram 3985 which has a gasket id of 2.469in and and gasket OD of 2.75in and the can is a whole inch in diameter bigger, if it fits it should be OK since it's got the same thread and a similar rated Bypass.

At about 2 minutes into this video you can see the mount, looks like the gasket goes pretty close to the edge using one that's 1.8in bigger may not seal well, also I'd question whether the surface outside the normal sealing OD would be suitable for putting a large gasket against since if you've been running the correct size filter all this time it's been exposed to all kinds of dirt and debris for 15 years it could have scratches and nicks that may not make a good seal.

Originally Posted by mattwithcats
Try Wix 51356...

3.4 inches long...

Running one myself...

The 57356 may be more appropriate
smile.gif

Wix made the 57356 after the 51356 didn't seal too well on some cars. Everything on the two is the same, except the thread placement where it screws on
crazy2.gif

I've never owned a Nissan or really ever worked on one as I tend to stick with domestic US stuff. But I like the location of that filter. Real easy to get to.

Most All recent Asian spin-on filters use the same gasket diameter and thread - ( except toyota who has to be different for ??? reason)
We are talking Nissan, Honda, Subaru, Mazda, Kia, Hyundia ...

I've been though this as I had terrible VT and TC noise with small filters on cold start on most all cars in the past 15 years.

NP with the VW, it uses a larger filter and thin, real synthetic oil:)

WIX are good, but can leak due to the FLAT GASKET.
Another WIX problem is the nice base -end bypass takes up about 5/8 inch of vertical filter media height AWAY.
Making the filter effectively much "smaller" than it looks. So I would go elsewhere to get more media area,

The Premium champion filters seem to work the best in all circumstances, except those with ultra high efficiency media.

My Choice would be the Mazda Tokyo-Roki. It's that important to seek this out..

I was running the pricey Honda Filtech S2000 "racing" filter but the media tore across a winter OCI. (pIctures were posted)

Do not use the Grupo Gonher Nissan or CHINA NIssan service filters.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by mpack88
I've never owned a Nissan or really ever worked on one as I tend to stick with domestic US stuff. But I like the location of that filter. Real easy to get to.

Nissan Builds cars in TN for ages!
That's what matters!

Originally Posted by mpack88

We have 3 Fords and a 2014 Nissan Armada. The Armada was built in Canton Mississippi until the 2016 model came out.

I've had good experiences with the Mobil 110 filter, shows good filtration at 10K intervals accoding to my blackstone labs reports

Just a note for newbies

Mobil doesn't make filters they just brand a Champion Labs ( Lee Maxi Filter). and who know whom else going forward.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Just a note for newbies

Mobil doesn't make filters they just brand a Champion Labs ( Lee Maxi Filter). and who know whom else going forward.

Aren't they now made by Mann-Hummel

Back