Pennzoil's recommendation for 2019 VW/Audi 2.0T

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
Originally Posted by wemay

Well, forget my last rant. Ill be relying on those additives now too. Lol wife's birthday gift to me...
There's another box in her car. Great wife, I'm a lucky man.

thumbsup2.gif

Cool! Congratulations!

That stuff may soon be unobtanium with VWoA switch to Mobil.

Thank you DuckRyder

Having no dog in the fight, i would use any 508 approved oil, but it's good to know Edge Professional LL IV FE was formulated in collaboration with VAG.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder

Well, forget my last rant. Ill be relying on those additives now too. Lol wife's birthday gift to me...
There's another box in her car. Great wife, I'm a lucky man.

thumbsup2.gif

Cool! Congratulations!

That stuff may soon be unobtanium with VWoA switch to Mobil.

Thank you DuckRyder

Having no dog in the fight, i would use any 508 approved oil, but it's good to know Edge Professional LL IV FE was formulated in collaboration with VAG.

I wouldn't worry about that. As long as it has the 508 approval, whether Mobil 1 or Castrol, it'll work great.

Having just bought a new '20 Audi, with the same 2.0L turbo motor as VW, Audi calls for 10K mile oil/filter changes which I'm just not comfortable with. Is the new 508 rated oil that good? Or is Audi/VW pushing the limit for sales purposes? With the first four changes to be provided by the dealer, if I want something less than 10K, it looks like I'll be doing them in between at 5K. I have already bought enough Edge for the first 5K change but will go with M1 X2 after that, if i can find it.

Originally Posted by tc1446
Having just bought a new '20 Audi, with the same 2.0L turbo motor as VW, Audi calls for 10K mile oil/filter changes which I'm just not comfortable with. Is the new 508 rated oil that good? Or is Audi/VW pushing the limit for sales purposes? With the first four changes to be provided by the dealer, if I want something less than 10K, it looks like I'll be doing them in between at 5K. I have already bought enough Edge for the first 5K change but will go with M1 X2 after that, if i can find it.

You can do 10K with confidence. I've done 10K on a less stout VW 502.00 on my golf and the VOA came back with plenty of additive left in the oil. The 508.00 approval is a tougher approval to meet and according to the Lubrizol Relative Performance chart, it surpasses my 502 with ease. You'll be a-okay

Back