RIP Little Richard

Grew up listening to his music, he made such an impact back in those early days. Great contribution to music history. Godspeed good sir!

simpler times + great music!! been listening to 50's on 5 on dishnetwork. typical radio stinks!!

Such a bummer. My mom told me about seeing him and Chubby Checker at the Whiskey a Go Go in Hollywood, obviously long before I existed. She went to the bar to get a drink and started talking to 2 guys who turned out to be Mick Jagger and Jimmy Hendrix.

At 87 the man had a great life and a successful career.. Good talent right there and truly a legend to the music industry.

"wop-bop-a-loo-bop-a-lop-bam-boom"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
Such a bummer. My mom told me about seeing him and Chubby Checker at the Whiskey a Go Go in Hollywood, obviously long before I existed. She went to the bar to get a drink and started talking to 2 guys who turned out to be Mick Jagger and Jimmy Hendrix.

Hendrix played in Little Richard's band for awhile, as I understand.

Little Richard was a true original. His music and style are still used today, by performers who don't even know they are copying him. Amazing.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Originally Posted by bdcardinal

Little Richard was a true original. His music and style are still used today, by performers who don't even know they are copying him. Amazing.

It really is. My family owns a company that makes products for the music industry, we go to the NAMM show usually every year to meet up with them and check out all the offerings. I always find it cool what artists the artists are fans of if that makes sense. You see a lot of musicians that are big fans of people like Joe Satriani and Steve Vai where people who are more into pop music haven't heard of them outside of Always with me, Always with you.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

He did, I think it was prior to Hendrix being drafted into the US Army...

Back