2016 Ford F-150 spark plugs

So, I changed out my spark plugs today and one of the spark plugs I pulled had oil on one of threads. It was the spark plug front driver side. Should I be worried or is this a normal thing?

2027ED56-2001-42A7-8B94-970CD6338581.jpeg

I often get 100,000 miles or more from factory plugs . But I have not owned a Ford in years .

Right now , I am driving a 2014 F150 w/100,000 + miles . It is a company truck . Only thing I do to it is out gas in it , get the oil / filter changed every 3,000 miles ( dino oil ) and drive it .

If it needs work , I take it to the shop of the boss's choice .

As far as yours , I would replace plugs as needed , bur I ask if the CEL has come on at any time .

Check all the plugs and fluids . Check , visually , all your sensors ( including O2 sensors ) . Are you using " good " gas or the cheapest you can find ? Ethanol / gas mix or pure gas ?

Is most of your driving city or open highway ?

They look fine. A direct injection engine creates more soot and carbons the threads up a bit, but those are fine.

Originally Posted by double vanos
If your truck doesn't use any oil, I wouldn't be worried.

I agree ^^^^^^^

I don't see any signs of ash on those ground straps... So that would tend to have me think it's not burning oil. Otherwise the plugs look to be in good shape.. .

Just did mine on my 2016 with 60,000 miles. No oil on the threads and the plugs actually were in great shape. Gap was almost perfect too. In a habit of doing 60k changes after dealing with the 3v spark plugs.

Front drivers side is the location of the oil fill. Anyone spill a little oil at some point?

I always get my oil changed at the dealership with a tire rotation. So there is a possibility it could've spilt not sure how they fill the trucks.

I appreciate the help. Just worried I had issue since only one plug had oil on the threads.

Back