S/W pistol cleaning a Revolver

Just be careful on revolvers with the mainspring and remember..

Some of them have an order of disassembly/reassembly and others have squeeze trigger guards where things have to be held in place when assembling.

I just watched the lead-in, but it reminded of when I was selling firearms at a hardware/sporting goods store in the late 1960's. Most of the Minneapolis cops bought their duty and off duty firearms there-mostly S+W revolvers back then. We had a gunsmith that he reminded me of. Also, my dad was a Mpls cop and the dept had twin brothers who were the armorers that 'tuned' the cop's revolvers. They had also been to the S+W school and were very good. I met one of them and he showed me the case of special tools that he got from S+W.

Originally Posted by ABN_CBT_ENGR
Just be careful on revolvers with the mainspring and remember..

Some of them have an order of disassembly/reassembly and others have squeeze trigger guards where things have to be held in place when assembling.

There is no Smith & Wesson revolver with a "squeeze trigger guard"

Originally Posted by Slick17601

There is no Smith & Wesson revolver with a "squeeze trigger guard"

First I was speaking in general terms, not limiting anything

Then (to coin a phrase) depending on what "is" is- whether you mean as in current manufacture or past manufacture.

I'm not aware of a current Smith that has this ( but I don't memorize every model of everything made either) but I assure you turn of last century break top (S&W ) and other manufacturers models certainly do have them.

They are not pinned and have to have the ends compressed to lock in the receiver as a trigger group assembly- I made a tool for the vice to do them.

Back