OT: What honey do list items have you whittled down?

Both my dishwasher and stove crapped out at almost the same time. Wife's first inclination - let's go buy new ones and drop $1800!

My inclination - ugh no. Ol' BK probably gonna be joining the ranks of the unemployed soon, so let's try to fix instead!
shocked.gif

I've never done any plumbing, nor electronics, so this was a challenge. To make a long story short, fixed dishwasher with a new circulation pump I bought on ebay for $15.

The stove had some bad relays that I was able to diagnose and fix with the help of some youtube videos. Never soldered/desoldered chips before ,and made a mess on the circuit board, but so far so good. Total cost $13.

When all was said and done, I tried to retrieve one of my work "tools" that fell behind the stove. I was trying to grab it with my (fortunately plastic) $1 grabber tool and it somehow hit something hot and blew the circuit breaker and ruined my tool.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
$28 instead of $1,800.....good for you! I keep a list and scratch through them after completion. My wife keeps adding to the list. I'll never get caught up, but that's OK.

Nice fix and good choice to fix rather than replace the appliances. Usually its a pretty simple part and parts are generally cheap and so readily available these days. I could not care less if the appliances are not the latest color or whatever is in style.

Now is not the time to be shelling out thousands for new appliances if employment is at risk. Glad you're safe after the arcing was over!

Honey do list :

Install new Carb on her ATV - Check: Installed cheap Honda knockoff which proved effective

Change oil in her Turbo Optima - Check : Changed with PUP 10W30 I acquired for $3.59/5 qt jug

Drop coin on landscaping improvements - Check : got a good deal on mulch and cut own trees with my 24" McC 555

Shave off White Covid Beard : Negative. Santa is rocking the yard work.

I've had the opposite problem. Just don't have the motivation to do stuff on the house since I'm stuck here all day!

I have been slowly working on my bathroom, though. Got the new wiring in for the recessed lighting. Got the new circuit run and the new outlets installed. Slowly trying to fix the electrical in this house. Everything is on a single circuit on the 1st floor. There was a lose neutral somewhere, when running the washer, the lights would flicker. Now the laundry and bathroom have their own dedicated 20A , grounded and GFCI protected circuit with lighting being split to its own. Little more to go with that then I can get the new bathroom vanity in.

Yard work.. Cleaned up electrical wiring.. Painted living room ceiling.. Installed new dishwasher for the wife's b-day. Changed the oil in her Corolla. And the list goes on
coffee2.gif

Hmmm..

- Fixed the side door of house- Check Had replace a hinge...4 bucks

- Stain the deck- 70 % there. Need another can and more warm weather....

- paint extra bedroom- 50% Needs second coat

-Wash/Wax cars- Check Love Aquawax.....

No extra motivation so biz as usual. We have had no work related slow downs.
I'm home daytime and work nights so while my wife is at work and after my napping or sleep, keep the washer and dryer going if in process , pick up after myself for dishes food cooking etc...
Vacuum and dusting is my thing but I'm not overdoing it. Keeping the cars clean and starting to deep clean them and protect the paint. A few panels at a time and when I get to them or get them in the shade.
Some yard work that needs 'curb appeal' yet. Scrubbed and coated the hot tub top with a vinyl coating / protector yesterday.
Need to work on the patio that is an extension to the hot tub pad I put in over a year ago. More paver stones to lay and level yet but no big hurry.
To enjoy the back yard area, have it nice and done will be working on me though. I think I'm weeks away from having it nice enough to start having people over and this lock down of sorts has probably provided me this half-*ssed gumption and loose timing I have on my side.

lol.gif
Stay well everyone !

Last edited:
My gas oven konked out in early March, was the igniter. Stores were just starting to reduce hours; I was trying to find one on a Saturday by ~noon. Wound up getting one through amazon, took a few days, we grilled everything, LOL.

Same stove got fixed with an ebay clock-control module thingie a couple years back. It's a ship of Thesius, now!

Repowered wife's rototiller with a HF chonda I've held in reserve since 2012. She lost reverse (tecumseh two-shaft) but it stopped randomly stalling on her.

My NAS died with all my kids' baby photos on it. Put the HD in the freezer and it worked long enough to get the data off it! Presently rebuilding an old computer with "openmediavault" and RAID arrangement. Waiting on small parts from ebay to complete.

95 F150's going in for a state inspection... not legally required due to the state of emergency, but if they find something, I can tackle it, out of boredom.

And if this snow keeps up I might wind up shovelling.
lol.gif

I tell you what, the guys that are doing bone yard stuff for appliance parts are a real asset to the country. It's such a waste to send good parts like that to the crusher.

I mean the unit I got was almost brand new. Cost $15 SHIPPED priority mail, and this thing was heavy. I doubt the guy made even $2 on the transaction. I followed up and sent a personal thank you note.

Last edited:
- Replaced a bad toilet fill valve
- Bathroom exhaust fan needed a new motor
- Upstairs tub started leaking into my dining room below. Cut the drywall open to find a leaking p-trap.

Back