Rescued

It was time to move and move on.I'm not with the Dobermans as much so I decided to get a pal for my pad. She's got a personality and attitude. Farmer gave her to me for a dollar. She ate a bunch of chickens and nipped a small kid so she was on borrowed time.

IMG_20200507_115736_01.jpg

IMG_20200502_163013_034.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 6
  • 0 bytes · Views: 5
Farm dogs rock. They got killer instincts and she patrols at night while I sleep from midnight to six in the morning. Checks at the windows. She's my four legged AA recovery motivation. She's a Spooner too. Cuddles and talks. She's got a hint of SB Husky in her, so that's where the talking/howling come from.

She looks great. Hopefully a match for your dad.
This one will talk your ear off...husky, coyote, who knows?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Glad you are giving her a second chance. I live on a farm and have a border collie and a yellow lab to keep the outside predators at bay.
Less than a month ago, my wife and I picked up a deer-legged chihuahua (not a deer-headed) from a shelter in Oklahoma. He's approximately a year old and that house dog can run and jump!
Good luck with your gal.

Interesting, you were all in on the Dobies. Hard to walk away.

Only way to keep her from killing chickens is to keep her away from chickens, you'll never break her of it. Rock solid obedience and vigilance on your part around kids will deal with the nip. Hard to condemn the dog without knowing the circumstances.

Good looking dog, how old?

Great dog, looks good to...,,, we had goldens and labs thru the years and one border collie,,,

Last edited:
She's only one so the nip could have been child provoked. Someone wrote to put the dog down but how many cats have done the same without even considering the same punishment? Besides, she's good to me and that's all I care about.

_20200508_173455.JPG

_20200508_173521.JPG

_20200508_173607.JPG

Good on you Marco, thank you for saving a precious life. She'll be your best friend in time, looks like my own GS.

IMG_1030.JPG

She is a fine, proud girl who just needs some love and direction!
She will be a great pet!!!
May you have many years together!

Back