What was a good price for .45?

I shop for .45 a lot, and the best I have seen lately is .34 a round most are closer to .40. That's for target stuff. Pre-Covid .25 a round could be found and .30 easily.

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Originally Posted by KJSmith
Pre covid price
.45ACP .24pr rnd
9mm .16pr rnd

SG Ammo prices + Shipping.

That's what I recalled. Thank you!

Your welcome.
That was 1000rnd case price.
As you know, its up $100.00 a case.

Off topic but all I see is 40 S&W in Cabelas at Wichita. Guess having a 10mm would be able to fire these right?? No 45 ACP here lol.
Awesome
Combat
Pellet

I had some in my cart right before the Covid scare. Can't recall what the pricing was per round in bigger lots.

Curious if anyone bought recently just before Covid at the low and remembers what they paid.

I just recently bought a 50 rd. box of 45 ACP Winchester Plus P 230 gr. Ranger T-Series JHP's online for $24.99 and $5.99 shipping.
Check out BASS PRO SHOPS ammo selection. They have a great selection in every popular caliber, and NOT post virus prices.

[Linked Image]

When they sent me the Federal PD .45 box of 20, I received a box of 50.
banana2.gif

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted by skyactiv
Whats funny is that I've seen mods lock threads like this.

Plus 1

Umm, no. If you took the time to read, including the post skyactiv referenced as an example, it was pure speculation associated with ammo shortages.

My request could have just as easily been two random dates in time.

Using the acronym covid does not get threads locked. Passing speculation or other questionable information related to health or other things related to covid itself, is what gets threads locked. I'd recommend that you re-read the policy, which is regarding spread of Misinformation, and asking/answering questions that users and the owners of this site are not qualified to answer.

Asking someone what they paid a week ago for something is neither speculative or misinformation.

I had some in my cart right before the Covid scare. Can't recall what the pricing was per round in bigger lots.

Curious if anyone bought recently just before Covid at the low and remembers what they paid.

I just recently bought a 50 rd. box of 45 ACP Winchester Plus P 230 gr. Ranger T-Series JHP's online for $24.99 and $5.99 shipping.
Check out BASS PRO SHOPS ammo selection. They have a great selection in every popular caliber, and NOT post virus prices.

I received my box of Black (Gold) Talons today, FINALLY! I only bought them on the the 25th of April and the owner shipped them on the 29th (when my check cleared). This FRICKIN' virus stuff is getting REAL OLD, quick!! I also bought another 50 rd. box this weekend from GB. I was the winning bidder ($35 plus $10 shipping). These are plain 230 gr. Ranger T-Series Black (Gold) Talons in the Tan box.
Bottom pic, 147 gr. 9mm Black (Gold) Talon on the left, 230 gr. Plus P 45 ACP Black (Gold) Talon on the right. Notice anything different in the 2?

45T2.jpeg

45T1.jpeg

I teceived my 2nd box of Winchester Ranger T-Series ammo today. I had to pay a little more for these ($35 plus $10 shipping). They're worth it though. These bullets are as rare as hens wisdom teeth!

20200526_163330.jpg

20200526_163606.jpg

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Seriously I have three boxes of hens teeth?

JJ, have you had them for awhile or did you just recently get them?
I found an online ammo store that has the RA45T for $33.99 plus shipping.

For top quality carry ammo that is not bad at all. A lot of it runs over a dollar a round, although I am stubborn I never pay that.

I just purchased a box of Fiocchi 230 gr fmj for $19.99 at a lgs and didn't seem like it was all that expensive so when I got home I looked it up through a website that I use called ammoseek and the cheapest they had listed of this exact ammo was the same price. I've been trying to find a new lgs as I'm not happy with the one I've been using and we've had a new store open a few years ago but I've been dealing with my other guy, the ammo I purchased was from the new store as I went in there to check their inventory and to see what all they have in stock and to get a feel for the people that work there. I then checked out a different store about 45 min away, a lot like what Gander Mountain used to be but 1/2 the size, they must be a dealer for Sig as I've never seen so many in one place before and rarely ever seem them in the stores I frequent but ended up purchasing a box of 9mm Makarov that didn't seem too terribly over priced, Hornady Critical Defense for $24.99 but I found the same stuff at the local Farm Bureau for $20.99 so I'll definitely check them out more often for ammo. I found in comparing the Farm Bureau and the other store was that they were always a few dollars cheaper per box, Farm Bureau was $20.99 for some .357 Sig in HP, outdoor store wanted $29.99 for the same box.

I've seen others mention SG Ammo in earlier posts and I've used them before to purchase some .303 British and also 9mm Makarov. I have lots of fmj ball ammo for target shooting but don't have much in HP but for that I'd probably just order somewhere online. Ammo prices are all over the place you really have to compare apples to apples.

Originally Posted by Lubener
Well trust me a .45 isn't going to do anything against COVID-19.

If it is for home defense, you will be in over your head if you need more than a box or two.

45ACP
A
Covid-nineteen
Protectant

If you need even a single round then things are over your head. Trying times right now. Stay safe!

Seriously I have three boxes of hens teeth?

JJ, have you had them for awhile or did you just recently get them?
I found an online ammo store that has the RA45T for $33.99 plus shipping.

Got them from a guy I trade with at a Washington Gun Collectors Show. They used to be a lot more expensive but I got mime for under $30 a box of fifty.
Do all my own cast practice ammo for about 10 cents a round. Keeps me in practice.

Last summer, I bought 1000 Round Case - 45 Auto 230 Grain FMJ Sellier Bellot Brass Case Ammo - SB45A for $249.80.

Copied from my order history at SG Ammo. www.sgammo.com

Same case is now $379
SGAMMO, like all of the other ammo sites, jacked their ammo prices. SGA is my favorite ammo site. But, with their pandemic prices as high as they are, I won't be buying ammo from there for awhile.

I like SGAmmo too...it's not their fault. They are getting hammered in price increases from the manufacturers. Sam has said as much in his emails. Supply and demand at work, unfortunately against us at the moment.

Last summer, I bought 1000 Round Case - 45 Auto 230 Grain FMJ Sellier Bellot Brass Case Ammo - SB45A for $249.80.

Copied from my order history at SG Ammo. www.sgammo.com

Same case is now $379
Last summers prices may never come around again.
What's scarce and priced higher than we like right now might be twice as expensive and harder to find in the future.

Perhaps those prices will never return, and perhaps they will. I suspect they will, but it will take probably two years.

While the raw materials for ammunition are quite cheap, the equipment is very expensive, and the manufacturers are not going to add expensive capital equipment in response to a short term demand. The shortage is exacerbated by various governmental actions, and responses, to our current crisis, have resulted in production stoppages, and reduced work forces.

There are other sectors of the economy which have experienced production stoppages as well.

When you couple those interruptions of the supply chain with a big increase in demand, you get our current situation; things are out of stock, and prices are very high on those articles that are in stock.

We have been through similar price spikes recently. 2013-2014 was as bad or worse.

This one seems worse because of some production stoppages, but production will resume, demand will subside, and in a couple years it will be the time to stock pile again.

Last edited:
Back