Need a car in the Camp Pendleton, CA area

If you don't mind buying a rental the rental companies are selling alot of their fleet. Some decent prices and many of them still have manufacturers warranty.

https://www.aviscarsales.com/all-in...ke=Toyota&sortBy=internetPrice%20asc

https://www.hertzcarsales.com/used-cars-for-sale.htm?geoRadius=50&geoZip=92055&make=Honda,Toyota&sortBy=askingPrice+asc

https://www.enterprisecarsales.com/list/buy-a-car/distance=-50+models=Honda,Toyota+sort=display_price,asc

Originally Posted by jstert
and may i add, if your grandniece isn't already a usaa member she should join.

And Navy Federal. I advise her to join both and then contact either company's car buying service. Tell them what you are looking for they will negotiate and find what your niece wants at a fair price with a good financing rate.

hey jeffk, roadtrips with a mission are great fun, enjoy. may i kindly suggest that you have a pleasant chat with your niece about her free (to her, not to her generous uncle) car: 1. regular maintenance. show her where all the under the hood check points are located. go shopping with her for a tire pressure gauge, wash/wax, emergency kit and a battery tender with cord if she is in a deployable billet. find the nearest reputable dealer or indy mechanic to her. 2. finances. explain that your gift to her comes with strings, i.e. what she isn't spending on a car payment goes into her ira or tsp. cheers!

Tatiana told me USAA was expensive. She ended up with Progressive. I recommended Geico or go on her Mom's policy.
Her Mom and sisters live in Arlington, TX. Her insurance will not include Tati because she is in another state, CA.
Her Mom, Wendy, is raising 2 sets of twin girls as my nephew died unexpectedly 8 years ago. I stay close.

Tati is making monthly payments to me for about $6,000. This was her choice. Her insurance is close to $200 per month.
I got the older girls (Tati and Xiomi) a clean little 2008 CR-V 2 years ago; let's just say it didn't last too long. Crunch!

The Civic will be perfect for her. It is a really good car.
My rules are: Full insurance. Only Tati drives. Maintenance (she can bring it to me).

The kids are great; they are a bright spot in my life.
Last summer I told the older girls, "If you finish college I will buy you a Tesla."
Tati looked at me and stated, "Uncle Jeff, if I get a college degree I can buy my own Tesla!"
Right ON!

20190607_173513.jpg

Marine 01.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
..."Uncle Jeff, if I get a college degree I can buy my own Tesla!" Right ON!
Good on you!

Our son is a cloud productivity engineer at Goggle HQ in Sunnyvale.

Upon earning two summa cum laude degrees from UCLA he wanted a master's in CS.
Full ticket undergrad from mom and dad. He worked as a tutor and mentor to aspiring university students for pocket funds.
I loaned him the money for the master's. Signed a promissory note replete with interest and all.

Well, a few months after settling in at his new gig the balance in one of our joint accounts begins going up $750 on the first on each month.
Goodness.

Shared with him that when it has been repaid in full I will loan him the full principal + interest balance once again for his next venture.

So it goes.

smile.gif

Well done. Semper Fi!! Anytime we help out a service member it's a good deal. My dad is/was a corpsman and taking care of a Marine is a good deal indeed.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Tatiana told me USAA was expensive. She ended up with Progressive. I recommended Geico or go on her Mom's policy.
Her Mom and sisters live in Arlington, TX. Her insurance will not include Tati because she is in another state, CA.
Her Mom, Wendy, is raising 2 sets of twin girls as my nephew died unexpectedly 8 years ago. I stay close.

Tati is making monthly payments to me for about $6,000. This was her choice. Her insurance is close to $200 per month.
I got the older girls (Tati and Xiomi) a clean little 2008 CR-V 2 years ago; let's just say it didn't last too long. Crunch!

The Civic will be perfect for her. It is a really good car.
My rules are: Full insurance. Only Tati drives. Maintenance (she can bring it to me).

The kids are great; they are a bright spot in my life.
Last summer I told the older girls, "If you finish college I will buy you a Tesla."
Tati looked at me and stated, "Uncle Jeff, if I get a college degree I can buy my own Tesla!"
Right ON!

USAA-isn't the least expensive in just about all cases. Where they excel is in their customers service-in all aspects.

Geico IMHO-run fast the other way......

Last edited:
Back