Prime guard oil filters made by fram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed Rural King and asked who made there prime guard filters. At 2 bucks a filter for your basic fram, not a bad deal.

Screenshot_20200507-101951_Gmail.jpg

prime guard isn't part of Fram. RK's website shoes primarily fram filters but no prime guards. I think Customer Service is just stating who the current vendor is.

Who would be answering emails at Rural King, someone who is an oil filter expert? Prime guard oil filters made by Fram? might be better. If they sell for$2 they buy for $1 or less. The importer buys for 50 cents or less. The Chinese manufacturer makes them for 20 cents or less.

Originally Posted by KenshinHimura
prime guard isn't part of Fram. RK's website shoes primarily fram filters but no prime guards. I think Customer Service is just stating who the current vendor is.

Maybe so. Sorry for bad info

Screenshot_20200507-111200_Gmail.jpg

Prime Guard is the same importer that makes AZ Valucraft, Premium Guard jobber filters, and other super low end ones. Made in China (it says so right on the box!).

The Prime Guards that I've seen cut open look well made....nice straight pleats etc...(although I don't
know about their 'efficiency'). I am, however, avoiding buying anything with China as COO.

Very inexpensive Chinese generic products may have waste material made to look pretty. They can't make a filter for 20 cents and buy quality materials. They put plastic in baby food as filler. awhile back. I have no proof, but wouldn't doubt the materials in the cheap Chinese filters are waste products swept off the floor from other processes and reformed into an oil filter.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
Very inexpensive Chinese generic products may have waste material made to look pretty. They can't make a filter for 20 cents and buy quality materials. They put plastic in baby food as filler. awhile back. I have no proof, but wouldn't doubt the materials in the cheap Chinese filters are waste products swept off the floor from other processes and reformed into an oil filter.

That's the biggest lie I ever heard. Maybe they use cheaper media.

Used Prime Guard filters before and they do the job.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

07.gif

Got my money on
53'Stude

Last edited:

No lie there. Everything I said was correctly said. Read better, without the anger. You miss a lot of words.

No lie there. Everything I said was correctly said. Read better, without the anger. You miss a lot of words.

No it's not.

Note that my statement has exactly the same validity as your statement.

There is NO or ZERO anger. I speak the truth and use these filters. Please stop spreading your misinformation and grasping for claims that hold no truth or weight. I know what I am saying.

There is NO or ZERO anger. I speak the truth and use these filters. Please stop spreading your misinformation and grasping for claims that hold no truth or weight. I know what I am saying.

Right, so you need to go in your calm and read what I wrote. There is no misinformation. Try and imagine you have an oil filter factory and proceed through the costs. Don't forget janitorial and towels in the bathroom.. imagine where you will get materials to produce an oil filter for 20 cents. You aren't buying the best. I have a right to say this and it isn't wrong to say it. Don't respond to my posts since you are very calm they shouldn't bother you.
cheers3.gif

Have you ever been in a manufacturing setting? Its 100% believeable that a quality filter could be made for 20 cents. Media probably comes in huge rolls and is cut to size. All materials probably come from China where labor and materials are dirt cheap to pay for. In America this probably isn't possible. We pay our workers more which drives up the cost for the products we make. This is also why even if it is made in America the materials are still usually brought in from other countries. I used to weld aluminum ramps for vehicles and all other sorts of things. The cost from conception to physical product was about 80 dollars a piece. We sold these ramps for over 800. Making 10 times of the cost to build. They were still quality ramps. The proofs the point of 20 cents can be a decent filter at 2 dollars. They filters themselves do hold up . I can not speak for filtration rating. Probably about 95% @ 30 microns.

Originally Posted by Micahmcmeen

Have you ever been in a manufacturing setting? Its 100% believeable that a quality filter could be made for 20 cents. Media probably comes in huge rolls and is cut to size. All materials probably come from China where labor and materials are dirt cheap to pay for. In America this probably isn't possible. We pay our workers more which drives up the cost for the products we make. This is also why even if it is made in America the materials are still usually brought in from other countries. I used to weld aluminum ramps for vehicles and all other sorts of things. The cost from conception to physical product was about 80 dollars a piece. We sold these ramps for over 800. Making 10 times of the cost to build. They were still quality ramps. The proofs the point of 20 cents can be a decent filter at 2 dollars. They filters themselves do hold up . I can not speak for filtration rating. Probably about 95% @ 30 microns.

I wasn't making a definitive claim in my post. Read it. I have been in charge of a large facilty as a working supervisor and did do all the ordering of materials and supplies. Including paper towels and work clothes to large machines and specialized optical materials.. For a couple decades. So I do know what it takes to run a shop. Even in China there are costs. I think I may be pretty accurate in what they do to get materials. I have no proof, it's just a discussion.The same way we see particle board instead of plywood. They use scrap chips to make OSB and particle board and that's why it is cheaper. Not exactly rocket science.

There is no misinformation. Try and imagine you have an oil filter factory and proceed through the costs. Don't forget janitorial and towels in the bathroom.. imagine where you will get materials to produce an oil filter for 20 cents.

I think I may be pretty accurate in what they do to get materials. I have no proof, it's just a discussion.

In other words, a crazy conspiracy theory with absolutely no proof ... OK. No surprise ...
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back