Do yall consider your ride(s) as an extension of your

If they are an extension of my personality then it shows I'm bipolar. Sometimes I relish driving a cool car, and other times I'm content driving my 20 year vanilla old sedan.

No. As much as I have fun with cars, they are just a utility tool.

I've always found it rather sad when some people feel that what car they drive somehow defines them. That it somehow makes them cool or important. It is a sad, sad life if a car defines you.

Ha.....

It's always good to see a little silliness allowed to remain in the forums...thanks mods.
crackmeup2.gif

All decisions made are extensions of one's personality. Boring, exciting, or otherwise.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
My 300ZX,definitely! Most of us here are "car guys" and our cars definitely have "soul"
smile.gif

That was the word I was thinking of!

Originally Posted by BHopkins
No. As much as I have fun with cars, they are just a utility tool.

I've always found it rather sad when some people feel that what car they drive somehow defines them. That it somehow makes them cool or important. It is a sad, sad life if a car defines you.

I think an extension of your personality is different than defining you.

As 555 post's says every purchase is an extension of your personality. The car or whatever you buy doesn't define you, but you make a purchase based off a certain set of parameters.

The car you buy has a lot to do with your personality.

Originally Posted by Speak2Mountain
personality?

No. It's a tool. I pick a tool based on my likes/dislikes, but also cost and mission, since cost and mission is a factor, personality isn't 100% there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
My 300ZX,definitely! Most of us here are "car guys" and our cars definitely have "soul"
smile.gif

x2
11.gif

Originally Posted by ls1mike
Originally Posted by fdcg27
Efficiency matters and I'm walking the talk with the HAH.
With current warmer temperatures as well as lower RVP warmer weather blend fuel, this is a 50 mpg+ car.

Use less and leave more behind for our children and grandchildren as well as their offspring.
A vehicle is no more than a device to transport people and goods.

I would say your car is even more of an extension of your personality than mine. You bought your car because of the things you say here,
When I see that type of car that is exactly what I think.

If you thought what you said about a vehicle it would not have been important to buy the Accord. It was more than that to you. Not only does it get you from A to B but it backups up your claim of walking the talk. Nothing wrong with that.

It suits our needs in that it can comfortably transport four full sized adults and has an ample trunk.
That it happens to be very abstemious in its use of fuel is the reason that I bought it over one of the four cylinder turbos and paid a price premium for it.
I have to say that the driving experience really grows on you over time. Leaving home each morning in stealth mode (EV) is neat and seeing consistently low fuel consumption is something I appreciate although at current fuel prices this saves me only a little more than nothing.
I think that minimizing fuel use matters and I've always thought that way.
Still, it would never occur to me to criticize the vehicle choices of others. Some drive thirsty old pickups and SUVs because those vehicles suit their uses and they are what the drivers can afford to own. I do like seeing ancient beaters on the road driven by those either dirt-poor or cheap as dirt. It's nice to see people getting that last bit of life out of an old machine before it ends up as scrap metal. That's probably environmentally friendly as well given all of the inputs that went into the original manufacture of what's now just an old beater.
Hope I didn't come across as holier than thou because I'm well aware that I'm not.

Originally Posted by fdcg27

Hope I didn't come across as holier than thou because I'm well aware that I'm not.

Not at all fdcg, We have both been here before 2010. I knew what you meant.
smile.gif

As I said earlier. I don't think my cars define me at all, but they are big part of my life with maintenance, modifications, racing and the occasional show.
I think everyone's personality comes into play when they buy their cars. Even it that means you like to tinker, go fast, like certain colors or just to save gas.
smile.gif

That is how I see it being an extension of someone's personality.

OP: kinda sorta. My Avalanche is big, ‘I'm 6'4"' tall. Heavy, it weighs 5,500 lbs and I weigh 240 lbs. And old, it's a 2005 model and I'm a 1952 model.
wink.gif

Nope. My cars are all very very different from each other. But they do share one trait.

Here's what each of my car's says:
Genesis: I'm an older guy and I like comfort and good power
Camry: I'm an old woman and I like my reliable grocery getter
Jeep: I'm an old man. I guess that's it?

But I'm 25, so...

My ride is an extension of functional, and sensible ie; THATS NOT ME AT ALL !
Thus I'll have to admit it covers some traits I never thought I'd put at the top of any car list. Yet these days, practical decisions = happy life.

It's an awd (at times) wagon that would be a mid size SUV if it sat higher on the road and cost about $10,000 or $12,000 more.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Duffyjr
Sort of, I'm getting old and drive a Buick!

lol.gif
i'm old and retired and i drive a Buick.

IMG_0046.JPG

Back