'20 Hyundai Elantra w/ C.V.T. test drive ...

https://www.hyundai-forums.com/threads/test-drive-of-20-elantra-sel-w-c-v-t.659654/ .

IMG_3255.JPG

IMG_3257.JPG

IMG_3258.JPG

IMG_3260.JPG

IMG_3261.JPG

IMG_3265.JPG

IMG_3268.JPG

IMG_3269.JPG

Hyundai gives the Elantra noise, engine and road isolation of the budget car that it is. The Elantra is NOT a good car for driving on the freeway unless your deaf. The steering feel is the worst in the industry. A Nissan Sentra has better steering feel.

Originally Posted by csandste
Since the new ones will be a big step forward, you should be able to pick these up pretty cheaply.

I agree. They are selling down here for $17- $18K. The look of this model has grown on me to the point i now like it more than its predecessor.
The 2021 version is very nice looking but may be polarizing as well. Tech will be a big draw as some (not sure if all) trims even come with digital instrument clusters.

Steering is muted but that is polarizing as well. Some like the isolation and "feel of refinement" while others like feedback through the steering for a more involved driving experience. Now a days i find that more people enjoy the isolation.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Hyundai gives the Elantra noise, engine and road isolation of the budget car that it is. The Elantra is NOT a good car for driving on the freeway unless your deaf. The steering feel is the worst in the industry. A Nissan Sentra has better steering feel.

One of my favorite aspects of my 2017 Elantra SE is the steering.
lol.gif
I like driving it better than the Lexus in the garage. I do get wind noise on highway, otherwise pretty quiet. I did come from a Saturn. My standards may be lower than others.

I do not like the new styling. But I would be able to adapt. It is the CVT that is the concern. It was just one person reporting failure right away and replacement was on back order. I would wait until the transmission reliability data is available (proven track record). To me the transmission is the weak link.

I would look at a Forte before an Elantra. They look really nice, like a little Audi!

Originally Posted by Mainia
One of the better reviewers on Youtube. Your Elantra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVjLFpuq1cY&feature=youtu.be

Thanks! I missed that one. Well, not quite mine. I have the SE. Steel rims, hub caps, CD/radio...just the way I prefer it.

I cannot thank Hyundai enough for the cut outs for drain plug and oil filter. I change my oil with one arm with the car parked in the garage.

I've read a couple review's on these, and Kias equivalent. Most seem positive, but there are issues with the CVT. Maybe they have been ironed out by now, I'm not sure. I wouldn't be purchasing one at the moment until I knew long term durability was not of concern. Some manufacturers have CVT reliability down, Toyota and Honda being two. They aren't all bad.

Originally Posted by dishdude
I would look at a Forte before an Elantra. They look really nice, like a little Audi!

Especially the GT-Line or the GT(turbo)

Originally Posted by skyactiv

You seem to be on every Hyundai thread bashing them. Have you driven the 2020-OR is this you biased tired bashing?

You bashed the car I drive-a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe XL -Limited. And everything you said about it had no basis in fact-none.

So for the record-I'm calling your statement above for what it is-rubbish.

Did a Hyundai dealer make you mad or insult you? Please do tell..................

Last edited:
girlfriends preowned 18 optima with a real 6 spd auto has been flawless + proved to be a great value replacing her oil burning 60 thou 13 malibu 2.5, a much better vehicle for less $$$$

Back